Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2016, 11:29 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,652,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Wasn't Tai told by someone (Aubrey?) that people were going to vote for him? If Jason had given Tai his idol instead of giving it to basketballplayerguy, then Tai probably would have stayed loyal to the bad guys alliance. So, bad play on Jason's part.
I'm confused. Tai had his own HII. Why would Jason give his to Tai?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 11:34 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,557,938 times
I cannot wait to see how Jason will behave now. He will be really angry with Tai but Tai has another idol so Jason has to be nice to him even though it will probably kill him. So what will Tai do? Then there is Julia. Whose side will she be on next week? Will Michelle speak more than five words? Will Joe's health hold up? Will Cydny ever smile? Will Aubry pull another rabbit out of a hat? Will Mark the chicken live to see another week or be eaten?

How many times since "Survivor" began has Jeff said "Come on in Guys?" or "Wanna know what you're playing for?"

Burning questions need to be answered. Stay tuned.

Old 04-21-2016, 11:38 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,290,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Saw Scot's Ponderosa. First off he actually said that he was Blind-Sided because he was a "threat" not because I was a Jerk, cause I wasn't. Guess up at altitude one doesn't see the ground as well.

Sad that his sister is having the health issues.

Other than that, good riddance.
Survivor 2016: Ponderosa – Scot Pollard Arrives [VIDEO] on Survivor Fandom

Yeah, feel bad for his dying sister. He's "not what I used to be"???? He must have been one heck of a total jerk!

He's in the NBA Hall of Fame????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I cannot wait to see how Jason will behave now. He will be really angry with Tai but Tai has another idol so Jason has to be nice to him even though it will probably kill him. So what will Tai do? Then there is Julia. Whose side will she be on next week? Will Michelle speak more than five words? Will Joe's health hold up? Will Cydny ever smile? Will Aubry pull another rabbit out of a hat? Will Mark the chicken live to see another week or be eaten?

How many times since "Survivor" began has Jeff said "Come on in Guys?" or "Wanna know what you're playing for?"

Burning questions need to be answered. Stay tuned.
LOL,

Old 04-21-2016, 12:40 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,513,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
It's hard for me to get behind a player who gets no camera attention. Joe! I'm rooting for Aubry, Cydney and Tai for final three.
That would give me a final three in which any winner would please me.

Old 04-21-2016, 12:44 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,513,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I loved last night's episode! I am team Aubrey all the way. What a transformation she has shown! She's in it to win it and I hope she does!
I find her no-quit attitude, physical toughness, and devilishly deft gameplay quite inspiring. When I look at contestants, I tend to ask myself what it would be like to have had them on my hockey team. Aubry reminds me of some small but tough and intelligent players I took the ice with (and against). And if I had to pick an attitude for a defensive partner at the blue line, I'd want someone like Aubry.

Old 04-21-2016, 03:22 PM

14,994 posts, read 24,002,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
BTW, I think Aubry could very well have been on any of the Tribes. At least the edition of Aubry that is playing the game. Smart, strong and looking good for having wandered around in the jungle for three weeks.
I find Aubry sort of hot in a geek attractiveness sort of way. Smart, tough, lose some weight around the mid-section, yeah, yeah....
I must admit, she's hot!
There...I said it!

Old 04-21-2016, 03:41 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,939,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
My point was that after Jeff revealed that Scot had 4 votes, it should have been obvious that Tai had voted for Scot and wasn't going to play the super idol - especially not since it would leave Tai and Aubrey in a tie. But Scot was still expecting Tai to play the super idol. Scot wasn't paying attention to the votes.
Point taken. You are correct, good sir!

The votes happen so fast and there's so much emotion involved that one could be forgiven for not immediately recognizing what happened. Scott did figure it out on the long walk to Ponderosa, though.

Old 04-21-2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I'm so confused. I'm pretty sure Scot handed it back to Jason at the very beginning of the show.

With so many idols this season it's hard to keep track. Doesn't Tai have the ONLY idol that can be used as a super idol when combined with a regular idol? If so, Jason's idol (if he has one) wouldn't have saved Scott last night. After the votes were read, Scott kept looking to Jason to do something.
Last week's tribal, Jason handed his idol to Tai to play as a super idol, but they ended up not needing it. Tai handed Jason his idol back at the beginning of this weeks epi. Before last night's Tribal, Jason gave his idol to Scott, where the plan was to combine with Tai's idol and make a super idol if need be. So when the votes were cast, Scott, with Jason's idol, looked to tai to give him his idol so he could play a super idol and save himself. Tai turned against them and didn't do it, leaving Scott with a useless idol to take home with him.

Any two idols can be combined to form a super Idol.

Old 04-21-2016, 03:54 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,290,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Point taken. You are correct, good sir!

The votes happen so fast and there's so much emotion involved that one could be forgiven for not immediately recognizing what happened. Scott did figure it out on the long walk to Ponderosa, though.
Jason and Scot weren't even listening much until "Scot" was read and even then they didn't care, Scot would have the Super Idol when Tai gave him his HII. NOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Last week's tribal, Jason handed his idol to Tai to play as a super idol, but they ended up not needing it. Tai handed Jason his idol back at the beginning of this weeks epi. Before last night's Tribal, Jason gave his idol to Scott, where the plan was to combine with Tai's idol and make a super idol if need be. So when the votes were cast, Scott, with Jason's idol, looked to tai to give him his idol so he could play a super idol and save himself. Tai turned against them and didn't do it, leaving Scott with a useless idol to take home with him.

Any two idols can be combined to form a super Idol.
I hope everyone "gets it" now. The 'splaining is ad nauseam now. Good recap, ws.

Old 04-21-2016, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
What is up with these people leaving the game and not handing the idol to someone on the way out? Why Scott didn't give that to Jason as he was leaving is beyond my comprehension. Are they not allowed to?
Once the final vote has been read and you are voted out, you are no longer in the game and thus are not allowed to do anything that could influence the game. I'm pretty certain you can't hand an idol to anybody if you are voted out with it in your pocket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV