Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2015, 12:52 AM

735 posts, read 655,763 times

Advertisements

Let's face it, even if you love a show to death, chances are there's been a bad episode or two. Here you can share episodes of shows you usually like that offended you, annoyed you, or just plain bored you.
I don't have much to share because I don't watch a whole bunch of TV, but I'm sure some of you have a bunch of good examples.

Here's mine:

Seahorse Seashell Party; Family Guy. Now to make things clear, I stopped watching this show several years ago, when it started to jump the shark. I still think the show is worth a spot on this list because of how much I watched and enjoyed the earlier seasons while growing up. Now on to the episode. First of all, it's not funny, filled with filler, and has an incredibly weak plot. Brian goes off and does drugs, grotesquely cuts off his ear, and starts hallucinating some horrific world. None of this is funny or entertaining, it's just disturbing; and not in the good kind of way.
On to the second plot, a bunch of filler and Meg bashing leads to her finally standing up to her parents, calling them out on their bullsh*t. This is great! Too bad the writers have to ruin it soon thereafter. Meg goes on to feel regret, and essentially say that even though she is being abused, she should just deal with it for her abusers benefit. That's right, folks; the moral of the story is, if you're in an abusive relationship, you should stay in it because it... helps your abuser? Yeah, f*ck that. With a rancid "moral" like that one, no wonder so many people have started to hate the show.

Rainbow Falls; My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. I haven't seen every episode of this show (really only 1 1/2 seasons worth) but this is probably my least favorite episode so far. It's not the moral, but how it gets there. This episode screams plot contrivance. Put the two characters that are least likely to be put into a flying olympics into a flying olympics to serve the plot? Check. Make some of the characters *******s to serve the plot? Check. Don't explain any of these things? Check. Not to mention the other main characters that aren't providing comic relief say things that are idiotic or out-of-character, again, to serve the plot. I don't hate this episode, but it's pretty poorly written. There are so many better ways it could have been executed. At least it doesn't have any singing.

Canada on Strike; South Park. I haven't watched this show in years, so my memory is a bit foggy, but I remember not enjoying this episode. To be fair, I am pretty sure it's because I wasn't aware of what it was making fun of. Still, an episode I didn't enjoy is an episode I didn't enjoy, and I can't think of any other example from this show off the top of my head since it's been so long. Not very fair, but oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 09:38 PM

3,551 posts, read 2,536,756 times
Seinfeld, the first episode and the Finale.
Watching the first episode now makes me amazed that it got picked up. Its so low key and there is very little that is funny about it. The characters had not jelled yet either.

The Finale is simply, lazy. A clip show, a trial, and they are in prison at the end. Utterly moronic and a sad fall from the sharp wit and humor this show produced which is showcased in the clips. A far better finale is on Youtube, put together from Larry David's show in the 2000s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV