Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 10:52 AM

1,628 posts, read 1,368,916 times

Advertisements

Longtime viewer here. I agree that the format is getting a bit stale, and they are having to do more and more outrageous stunts (or so they think anyway) to keep us interested. Personally, I would love to see GR actually teach those donkeys something (so that maybe I would learn a little too), or maybe drop a pearl of cooking wisdom before those swine once in a while. But I have to remember that it's not a cooking show; it's a job interview/boot camp. So I guess I have to be satisfied with being entertained by the kitchen muck-ups and GR's rants and outbursts :-)

Anyway, last night was the 14th opening night of HK. That got me thinking: if I could go to HK for dinner, would I want to go on opening night to see GR turn beet red when he yells? Or would I want to go at or near the end when only the best are left? I think I'd choose opening night, but I'd probably bring some food with me in my purse so that I didn't starve if it took 2 hours to get my dinner or if GR threw everyone out and shut down the kitchen :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 10:58 AM

4,364 posts, read 6,554,642 times
I wouldn't mind seeing a service in real time. The edit has to be quite condensed. I imagine shoot time takes a whole lot longer than it appears.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:19 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,340,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
I don't see it this way. Most are B-List at best, free food and possible camera time?? You have to beat them away with a stick.

Shatner aside of course...
I thought my sarcasm was obvious considering nobody with any semblance of an actual life has ever heard of whoever that guy they kept calling a VIP was.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:35 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,109,856 times
I was wondering who that blonde lady with Dean McDermott was, cuz it wasn't Tori Spelling!!! Not that I keep up with the whole Dean & Tori debacle, but you can't help but know who these people are when you go to check your emails every day and Yahoo "News" (or whatever home page you use) has the ever enduring saga of these "relevant" people's lives on the "News" banner on a daily basis.

So again, who was that woman he was with who was not his wife?????

Oh, and I knew those two were stunt people because GR would have a hell of a lawsuit on his hands if somebody jumped off the roof and broke their neck or killed themselves.

Stay tuned for more ...

Old 03-13-2015, 03:05 PM

8,815 posts, read 10,286,934 times
Eeyah fellow donkeys. Just now found out about the new season Gonna go catch up.

Old 03-13-2015, 07:48 PM

76 posts, read 99,827 times
Very excited for season 14 as Nick Peters is a family member. He's a great chef and a really nice person.

Old 03-14-2015, 11:41 AM

What in the world was up with that one girl Chrissa? Gingerbread cookie crust chicken? Announcing she has to pee right before service? No surprise she was the first to go.

That guy who was flirting with the girls, Josh? Yeah that was a little weird.

T and Milly I think might be the ones to beat from the red and blue teams right now.

Old 03-15-2015, 01:14 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,109,856 times
What's with the Amy Winehouse wannabe???

Ok, for real ... what's up with most of those donkeys?????

They really gotta get rid of that guy who works at the Kosher senior assisted living place! Oy vey!!!!! After seeing what he's cooking up on only TWO episodes of the show, I can only imagine what those poor seniors are subjected to on a daily basis!!!!!

So .... Milly and the 'beard' ... Just a tad unsanitary, don't you think??? It looks like he either cut it down a little or he has it pinned up underneath or something. Still, I'm thinking a hair net is a good thing!!!

GR also needs to put that donkey on the red team out to pasture. The young thing that was completely clueless and overwhelmed. She doesn't belong there.

I can't remember half the stuff that went on last week because I'm trying to get over a really bad cold that seems to keep hanging on! It sucks!!! I feel like my nose is going to dry up and fall off my face! Ugh! I never get sick, but apparently when I do, it's a doozy!!!

Old 03-15-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
So .... Milly and the 'beard' ... Just a tad unsanitary, don't you think??? It looks like he either cut it down a little or he has it pinned up underneath or something. Still, I'm thinking a hair net is a good thing!!!
Yeah considering Ramsey made that red-head guy way back when trim his before the first dinner service, I'm surprised he hasn't done the same thing yet. Said something about not wanting customers to complain about finding a "long red pubic hair in their salad".

Old 03-16-2015, 07:51 AM

6 posts, read 6,859 times
This show is so played out. They needed to refresh the format... switch up the teams, at least! Men vs women is so 90s! I'd also like to see competitions where the mini prize isn't a thousand times better than winning service. Oh, you guys got kicked out of the kitchen and lost - send home all your dead weight! That's a freakin prize!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV