Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 10:23 AM

1 posts, read 64,559 times

Advertisements

What is obvious to me is that the father is far more abusive than he is portrayed. If a daughter faints at the thought of facing him with honest crticism then she knows there are seriously bad consequences. That was a physiological response to extreme fear. Those girls are being really hurt and the mother is escaping by going to work. Not to mention that she is just as mean!!! From experience, he is controlling those girls both physically and mentally
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 11:36 AM

21 posts, read 161,038 times
There was an update on the family in their local newspaper in Appleton, Wisconsin yesterday.

Evidently the two older girls are now going to public high school (Thank GOD!) and are no longer "homeschooled" (i.e. professional babysitters).

The mother now works out of their home where she can presumably ignore the younger three boys.

Interestingly, the father in that family is not the biological father of those teenage girls. He did, however, adopt them as his own when they were very young.

I still am convinced that those two girls will leave the house (I won't call it a "home") as soon as they turn 18 and never look back.

p.s. "Supernanny" official website had a record number of visitors the day after that episode aired. I'm not surprised.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:47 PM

2 posts, read 128,957 times
Default its called television!

You all seem to forget this is a television show. The producers take thousands of shots, and manipulate them to portray whatever story they want to tell. Brittney, the oldest girl, and I went to school together 6 years ago. Recently we have become in contact again.
People in Wisconsin are natually pale, and teenagers do not get a lot of sleep. News flash: many teens look like Brittney and pass out, due to numerous things. Go to a high school, you will see people looking a lot worse, trust me.
and its called drama! If you actually watched the episode they previewed EVERY commercial Brittney passing out. They never really said why either.
I just hope you realize that this show is for entertainment purposes, not for everyone to judge the Chapman's lives by what you see in a 50 minute television show.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:59 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,609,683 times
What was shown was grounds for a formal investigation of those parents. I hope the good people of Wisc do not take the above attitude of "its only tv" and demand something be done to help these kids out. Child abuse is everyones business. Serious consequences should be dealt out to these so called parents. A letter campaign to the show and Wisconsin authorities couldnt hurt. Anyone who is shocked by what they saw should do SOMETHING to not let this go quietly away and forgotten. Maybe bring this thread up at the Wisconsin forums too !

saw this articel from Appleton
'Supernanny' episode featuring Kaukauna family a hot topic on message boards

The Post-Crescent

Wednesday’s episode of “Supernanny,” which featured the Kaukauna family of Sara and Glenn Chapman and their five children, has been a hot topic on the show’s message board.

Unlike previous episodes of the show, now in its fourth season, nanny Jo Frost was summoned to the Fox Cities’ home by two of the five children — not the parents.

Teen daughters, Brittany and Moriah, then 17 and 14, respectively, said they are expected to raise themselves and three brothers while attending school online and tending to the household chores. Both parents work fulltime.

During the show taped in Kaukauna in June, Frost said: “I find it sad and irresponsible that these parents don’t know what they put on their daughters. …This is so sad

Old 01-05-2008, 10:59 AM

2 posts, read 128,957 times
Default reply to above

This was filmed a couple months ago. If there WAS something going on, someone would have said something. We do know whats going on.
Everyone: Stop jumping to conclusions about what could be happening, think about the kids, and what they have to deal with, what you are assuming about their family.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:26 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,609,683 times
"Jumping to conclusions'?!!? Then I guess the "nation" is all jumping to conclusions but you. Its caused a huge outcry and is all over news and the net. What was shown, just that show, was enough to upset an awful lot of folks who care about kids and abuse.

after 'Supernanny' show; some viewers accuse parents of neglect

By Kate McGinty
Post-Crescent staff writer

A Kaukauna couple are facing national cries of child neglect and receiving taunting e-mail after a TV stint this week — but they're contractually banned from defending themselves, a relative told The Post-Crescent.

Moderator cut: copyright

Last edited by Marka; 01-08-2008 at 02:08 AM..

Old 01-07-2008, 08:41 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,956,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robds View Post
There was an update on the family in their local newspaper in Appleton, Wisconsin yesterday.

Evidently the two older girls are now going to public high school (Thank GOD!) and are no longer "homeschooled" (i.e. professional babysitters).

The mother now works out of their home where she can presumably ignore the younger three boys.

Interestingly, the father in that family is not the biological father of those teenage girls. He did, however, adopt them as his own when they were very young.

I still am convinced that those two girls will leave the house (I won't call it a "home") as soon as they turn 18 and never look back.

p.s. "Supernanny" official website had a record number of visitors the day after that episode aired. I'm not surprised.

Thanks for letting us know. Its nice to have an update from something like a local Newspaper.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:54 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,165,636 times
I saw the preview for it where JoJo was crying. She's such a sweet woman and loves kids so much that this broke her heart. Literally. It had me tears as well.

When those girls are ready to leave their parents house, I would be more than happy to make a donation to their cause.

These poor girls were treated so horrible. The effects of this will last their entire lifetime. I wouldn't be surprised if one or both got hysterectomies to never deal with children again.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:56 PM

1 posts, read 63,822 times
Angry similar case, real life

I heard about this episode and was trying to find it online, but I wasn't able to watch it. A good friend of mine went through a similar situation with his kids. He had 2 daughters with his ex and, when they got divorced, she moved away with her new boyfriend and left him with the girls (at that time 4 and 2 years old). She had visitation with the children 4 times per year, which was what she had chosen to have. When the girls were 15 and 13 (the dad had finnaly got married after being single for 10 years) they wanted to move to their mom's to see how it would be like. The mom had 2 little kids, 1 and 3 years old. The girls became responsible for the care of the younger siblings, they had to feed them, put them in the bath, change diapers, everything. And they were responsible for all the house work, including cooking, doing laundry, dishes, vacumming, cleaning bathrooms, dusting, everything you can imagine. They had no social life, were not allowed to do anything with friends, not allowed to play sports, etc. When the oldest turned 18, mom stop receiving child support, the girl was kicked out of the mom's house. Came back to dad, and confessed everything she went through. She was depressed and even thought of suicide while living with mom. The dad had try to get custody back in court, he knew some of the stuff that was going on, but mom made the girls lie to the mediator and mom lied in her court declarations. Dad could not provide proof of what was happening.
These cases are more common than one can imagine. Society should not speculate that it is not as bad as the children say. It can cause irreversible damages to young children like them. Something needs to be done to stop parents like these. The is a form of child abuse, nd one of the worst, the mental abuse.

Old 07-25-2009, 03:22 AM

1 posts, read 62,859 times
You have the complete episode here...it's very hard to see

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q933p7Q0FpY]YouTube - SN - 04x02 PART 1[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV