Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2014, 01:56 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,185,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I'd say it probably has something to do with cutting a very high salary since networks are losing viewers & that hurts advertising rates. Networks & shows are cutting costs all the way around to try to remain a choice by the viewer while cutting costs. JMHO
That's why I watch a lot less TV now because the quality has gone way down. Stupid reality shows that are cheap to produce like Big Brother, Amazing Race, and that island one (I have blocked it from my mind), and also that ABC one where they are always running around and sliding down slides with water balloons. I grew up watching great TV in the 1970s and I consider myself fortunate. I remember all the made-for-tv movies, the miniseries, and really ground breaking TV shows, and now we have, what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 03:36 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,444,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I'd say it probably has something to do with cutting a very high salary since networks are losing viewers & that hurts advertising rates. Networks & shows are cutting costs all the way around to try to remain a choice by the viewer while cutting costs. JMHO
Yeh but Jay still had a year left on his contract. NBC paid him some 18 million dollars to go away.

Old 02-22-2014, 06:29 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,266,930 times
I miss Jay' s monologue , Jay Walking, news clippings too but I like Jimmy' s high energy also.

I heard on the news that Jay and Letterman have buried the hatchet and are working together to help Letterman's ratings.

Of course Jimmy' s gonna do well the first week. It was highly anticipated. Goes to show how genuine those people really are. No thank you.

Old 02-22-2014, 06:30 AM

4,356 posts, read 4,746,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I get it, Tami. I did a head-desk.... smh.....

I also don't think that was Kim K, but it might have been. I didn't think she was a New Yorker, since all the "bet losers" were New Yorkers. .
It was really Kim M. She has posted a number of backstage photos on her Twitter.

Old 02-22-2014, 06:33 AM

4,356 posts, read 4,746,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Hey! I resemble that "older viewer" crap there, JAXSON. ; - ) €¡£¿ LOL I loved tonight's show. I always love JT' s appearances with Jimmy. I couldn't stop laughing tonight.
I'm old too and I love Jimmy Fallon (and Jimmy Kimmel). Thank God for DVR!

Old 02-22-2014, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
It was really Kim M. She has posted a number of backstage photos on her Twitter.
Quote:
I'm old too and I love Jimmy Fallon (and Jimmy Kimmel). Thank God for DVR!
I knew that was Kim K. She just is transforming.

I'm starting to warm up to Kimmel.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:23 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,855,271 times
I switch to letterman last night , dead funny with the Barbara Walters thing .

Old 02-22-2014, 08:31 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,712,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
I switch to letterman last night , dead funny with the Barbara Walters thing .
lol. I did, too, and even watched a snippet of Kimmel.

In switching between the 3, I just couldn't warm up to Fallon. He made Letterman look interesting. I suspect of the 3, before long Fallon will be the best thing to happen to Letterman. How sad is that???

Old 02-22-2014, 08:43 AM

Back in the day, watching Allen,Parr,Carson was fun and interesting because we common folk had no idea what went on in Hollyweird for the most part. Seeing a STAR on the Tonight Show was a treat.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:25 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,233,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
I remember all the made-for-tv movies, the miniseries, and really ground breaking TV shows, and now we have, what?
Yes we were fortunate to have good TV back then on fewer channels even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Yeh but Jay still had a year left on his contract. NBC paid him some 18 million dollars to go away.
Oh I didn't remember that well I don't know then why they let him go early.

Quote:
I'm not a KUWK follower but I have watched from time to time I think since she has been with Kenya she dresses & looks awful.

I wonder why now Leno & Letterman are burying the hatchet Jay must of sold a load a BS about him happy with his leaving to help a hated rival.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV