Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 10:56 AM

10,091 posts, read 9,629,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Yeah, he is great.

The other 2 at the dinner were Bob Newhart and Harvey Korman.

He has a great sense of humor.
That must have been some dinner, especially since Harvery Korman has been dead for seven years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 12:34 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,249,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Yeah, he is great.

The other 2 at the dinner were Bob Newhart and Harvey Korman.

He has a great sense of humor.
he said tim conway, bob newhart and don rickles.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:49 PM

5,171 posts, read 3,702,795 times
Fallon is talented, but his interviews are lacking. And most nights I watch, he loses his games.

Kimmel isnt that grown up; I've seen him do some pretty juvenile bits as well...

And The Roots are awesome! (Especially compared to the Fred Armisted-led 8G Band that Seth has--they are horrible)

Old 02-06-2015, 06:05 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,356,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Fallon is talented, but his interviews are lacking. And most nights I watch, he loses his games.

Kimmel isnt that grown up; I've seen him do some pretty juvenile bits as well...

And The Roots are awesome! (Especially compared to the Fred Armisted-led 8G Band that Seth has--they are horrible)
You have a point because all three seem to be extra goofy which is something I can deal with.

1. Conan
2. Kimmel
3. Fallon

Late Night TV to me is over since Letterman and Leno are gone

Old 06-08-2015, 11:27 PM

5,593 posts, read 8,486,033 times
Default Jimmy Fallon on "Tonight" - off his interviewing game?

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Jimmy. I love his interviewing style -- so genuinely enthusiastic about his guests, like a real fan! Except lately.....

When interviewing Queen Latifah recently about her HBO biopic on Bessie Smith, he seemed so surprised she could sing. He said, "Did you know you can SING? I mean, I know you can rap, but....". It was a bit awkward, since she definitely proved herself as a singer in "Chicago" from what, ten years ago? He also held up the soundtrack at the beginning of the interview, which clearly said "music from the HBO film"...but at the end of the interview, asked her if there was a soundtrack. Again, she looked a little surprised and sort of pointed to it there on the desk.

Tonight he was interviewing (I forget her name) about her new show on Comedy Central. At the end, he said, "...and now you've got a giant Comedy Central show", like it's a huge hit. She started to say, "It hasn't premiered yet" but then thought better of it and just said the date.

These are just rare misses for Jimmy and it sort of reminds me of when Johnny Carson started having those kinds of moments. Not that I think Jimmy is getting old, I just think he is distracted or maybe is not getting briefed adequately on these interviews.

Old 06-10-2015, 09:41 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,767,429 times
Honestly, I never really thought he was a good interviewer in the first place unless it is someone he already knows.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:28 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,099,788 times
Yeah this a man that is NOT known for his interviewing skills. He's known for his slapstick comedy and funny facial expressions.

Looking back at his time on SNL, you can only count the times that he didn't crack up during a sketch on 1 hand. He's not a well prepared worker

Old 06-10-2015, 02:02 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,863,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I love me some Jimmy. I love his interviewing style -- so genuinely enthusiastic about his guests, like a real fan! Except lately.....

When interviewing Queen Latifah recently about her HBO biopic on Bessie Smith, he seemed so surprised she could sing. He said, "Did you know you can SING? I mean, I know you can rap, but....". It was a bit awkward, since she definitely proved herself as a singer in "Chicago" from what, ten years ago? He also held up the soundtrack at the beginning of the interview, which clearly said "music from the HBO film"...but at the end of the interview, asked her if there was a soundtrack. Again, she looked a little surprised and sort of pointed to it there on the desk.

Tonight he was interviewing (I forget her name) about her new show on Comedy Central. At the end, he said, "...and now you've got a giant Comedy Central show", like it's a huge hit. She started to say, "It hasn't premiered yet" but then thought better of it and just said the date.

These are just rare misses for Jimmy and it sort of reminds me of when Johnny Carson started having those kinds of moments. Not that I think Jimmy is getting old, I just think he is distracted or maybe is not getting briefed adequately on these interviews.
I think his problem is he's too exited over himself , he's got calm down and get over himself , anyhow the job was too big for him from day one , Craig Ferguson would have handled it much better

Old 06-10-2015, 02:35 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,767,429 times
Even then, one of his best skits was brought to him by John Krasinski....

Old 06-11-2015, 11:26 AM

11,694 posts, read 12,878,061 times
Jimmy has always been a horrible interviewer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV