Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2015, 04:46 AM

2,430 posts, read 5,580,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
Jimmy Fallon always makes me laugh and smile. Yes, he's goofy, overly complimentary, perennially happy, and somewhat of a man/child, but that's just him. I admire his musical talent, skits, and ability to get his guests to relax and have fun playing silly games. I liked Carson and Leno a lot, but I love Jimmy Fallon.
^This! Love him to bits, but I do agree with the poster that sometimes… he seems to be pushing the spontaneous crack up a bit, like it's not really natural, but still, love to see him crack up!

Also love when he and his side kick get on a tangent (would you like crack with that?) or the Dick Pope/Poop thing that continues many nights after the original joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 04:51 AM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Does anybody else think Jimmy Fallon show is stupid?
Everytime I watch it I feel like I'm watching a 6ft tall 12 year old host a show... that's the best way I can describe it.
It's just another version of "The Tonight Show", but I've seen a few clips. I actually miss Johnny Carson hosting it, and I didn't watch Jay Leno all that much.

Jimmy's brand of humor is not for everyone. Fortunately, there's another Jimmy option, Kimmel, on ABC. He's quite a bit better.

Old 01-23-2015, 06:58 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,233,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Lol, people line up for freak shows, too.
You missed the point. The OP asked if others find him stupid, and I pointed out that ratings have increased since he took over from Leno. So clearly late night viewers like him.

Yes, people watch lots of stupid stuff. Freak shows, backwoods hillbillies, reality fake-drama, yada yada. But that wasn't the OP's question.

From TVbytheNumbers:

SEASON AVERAGES

NBC “Tonight”_________1.17 rating_____6 share
CBS “Late Show”_______0.51____________2
ABC “Kimmel”__________0.64____________3

TOTAL VIEWERS

NBC “Tonight,”__________4.04 million viewers
CBS “Late Show,”________2.73 million viewers
ABC “Kimmel,”___________2.76 million viewers

Old 01-23-2015, 09:13 AM

19,714 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Fortunately, there's another Jimmy option, Kimmel, on ABC. He's quite a bit better.
Agreed In other news, I'm really missing Craig Ferguson, he was by far my favorite of them all!!

Old 01-23-2015, 09:15 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
I like Fallon, he is a goofball but so am I

Old 01-23-2015, 02:32 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,850,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Agreed In other news, I'm really missing Craig Ferguson, he was by far my favorite of them all!!
Ferguson was funnier than the lot of them put together

Old 01-23-2015, 03:27 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
Also love when he and his side kick get on a tangent (would you like crack with that?)
i love when higgins and jimmy go off ad libbing, just silly funny stuff, especially during thank you notes. did anyone see the nicole kidman interview? i posted a thread and no one responded to it. but that was so funny and charming. i loved it. i have to say, jimmy's wife must be one really secure strong woman. i like jimmy, but i could not be married to someone that has a job like his. but good for them! a successful talk show, a wife, two daughters (i didn't know until today that they were both born through a surrogate) and a female labrador named gary, seems to have a lot of good funny friends, probably has a good exciting life. i think he's doing pretty good for himself. i'm happy for him.

Old 01-23-2015, 04:40 PM

3 posts, read 1,960 times
I only watch certain segments not the whole show.

Old 01-23-2015, 04:52 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blur0se View Post
I only watch certain segments not the whole show.
Same here. He's not as bad as I thought he would be, but he's difficult to take in large chunks.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:09 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
Jimmy Fallon always makes me laugh and smile. Yes, he's goofy, overly complimentary, perennially happy, and somewhat of a man/child, but that's just him. I admire his musical talent, skits, and ability to get his guests to relax and have fun playing silly games. I liked Carson and Leno a lot, but I love Jimmy Fallon.
What's wrong with him being overly complimentary? Maybe he genuinely likes these people, and they him. He seems like a fun, likeable guy. Let's face it, it's not the nightly news where he has to be a tough interviewer. He's getting these guests on his show so they can promote whatever book/movie/music they're about to release. It's PR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV