Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 09:01 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,401,494 times

Advertisements

Is anybody watching this?

When I first saw the preview I was thinking "ugh more made for tv diversity" cause you have the interracial lesbian couple who adopted Latino kids but I've enjoyed it so far. It's not the best thing I've ever seen but it keeps me entertained. I love how even though they are a gay couple, their being gay or interracial isn't the main plot of the show. And the scenes with them kissing or being intimate hasn't been over-the-top to where it's uncomfortable or so removed where it seems unnatural. I think they did a really good job at casting....although I don't like the storyline angle of the little boy having gay tendencies. At that age let kids be kids..they can figure out who they are as they get older.

What about you guys?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 11:17 PM

556 posts, read 799,307 times
Ive been watching. I disagree though, I think race and same sex couple IS the main topic, then there's some average Tv teenage drama peppered in. I like it enough to watch though.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel6604 View Post
Ive been watching. I disagree though, I think race and same sex couple IS the main topic, then there's some average Tv teenage drama peppered in. I like it enough to watch though.
What I meant by that is that it's natural....its not like "how do we approach this situation as a gay interracial couple" which I've seen a lot of TV shows do. They approach most situations the same way most parents/spouses would regardless of their family makeup.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:36 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,590,913 times
I love this show. Is anyone else still watching it?

Old 08-06-2013, 10:35 AM

258 posts, read 422,931 times
I've enjoyed it so far! But I have to disagree about the boy having "gay tendencies" I think they are either blurring the lines of gender(ya know, like straight guys can paint their nails and like pink and like traditionally girlhood things but still be boys) or setting him up to be transgender.

~Katy

Old 08-06-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I love this show. Is anyone else still watching it?

I'm still watching! So sad about last nights episode being the summer finale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakers View Post
I've enjoyed it so far! But I have to disagree about the boy having "gay tendencies" I think they are either blurring the lines of gender(ya know, like straight guys can paint their nails and like pink and like traditionally girlhood things but still be boys) or setting him up to be transgender.

~Katy
I get what you're saying. I don't know I just felt like they were trying to give him some sort of storyline involving sexual orientation. I just want him to be a kid; he's been through so much already.

Old 08-06-2013, 02:31 PM

258 posts, read 422,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
I'm still watching! So sad about last nights episode being the summer finale.

I get what you're saying. I don't know I just felt like they were trying to give him some sort of storyline involving sexual orientation. I just want him to be a kid; he's been through so much already.
It's possible that is where they are going with it but everything they have done with him has been about gender, nothing about sexual orientation. Wearing nail polish. Getting kicked out of a foster home for being caught wearing a dress. That makes me think transgender rather than gay. Granted, I had a neighbor who wore tutus and played with barbies as a kid and grey up to be a gay man, but I suspect the show is trying to be cutting edge by introducing transgender into the mix.

~Katy

Old 01-12-2014, 08:23 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,053,661 times
The new season of "The Fosters" begins tomorrow (Monday) night, if anyone is interested.
It left off with the 2 mothers getting married and the Maia Mitchell character running away from home - hitching a ride to Indiana.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:40 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,547,232 times
LOVE IT! I found myself sometimes being tear jerked! lol i'm a sucka sometimes... but for real this show has been better than i expected it to be since before it aired they kept shoving ms JLO in our faces - with her being one of the exec producers and all.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:38 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,053,661 times
It looks like Brandon and Callie can't keep their hands off each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV