Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2019, 10:04 AM

12,395 posts, read 8,176,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
The drunk girls in the Star Wars type cantina thing was awful, just awful. The Deke business thing was pretty darn good especially the end with that annoying girl and her cell phone selfies. I can see that actually happening in real life too.
I also think it went on for too long. 15 minutes in a short season once we got the joke that kept going. However looking at the fan boards it is one of those fans had strong opinions, love or hate. More split even than Simmons 4,722 Hours solo episode in its way.

In fact the entire Daisy space team and Fitz/Enoch story versus the Mack/Sarge earth team story tends to have fans preferring their story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2019, 07:41 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,892,208 times
That was the worst episode ever. An hour of Fitz Simmons UGH.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:00 AM

I generally like the full team episodes better than the special single focus one's. On most message boards I tend to be the heretic on that point. This time however I think the FitzSimmons retrospective was the best of the single agent shows and a good episode which is part of a very good season.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:25 AM

10,215 posts, read 17,900,308 times
Wow, it's so weird how differently people feel about things - I loved the high/drunk girls episode and thought it was hilariously unexpected for a "family" show. I also thought it was character building for Daisy and Gemma's relationship, which I always felt was brushed over too lightly as though you assume they are close friends due to all they've been through together, yet how often do we really see a tight bond between them? The team has a tight bond, of course, but just those too characters? I felt like I hadn't seen it until that episode.

And I've always enjoyed the one-off episodes that focus on one or two characters - they are just able to go into so much more depth than normal. The episode where it's just Gemma on the deserted planet (several seasons ago) was one of the best ones ever.

Partly for that reason, I loved the FitzSimmons episode. They have been through so much and yet they never have time to process it and this episode really showed how many unresolved issues they had with each other, and finally gave them the chance to actually work through them, in the end realizing that though they both have deeply darker sides to them and they've each been hurt by the other, they still love each other and would still go to the ends of time and space for each other. Additionally, I thought it was a great way for Fitz to find out all that he had missed. The unfolding of that was really well done without being boring to the viewers who already know what happened. We even got to see some memory scenes that we hadn't before so it wasn't just a recap for us, but equally they didn't rush through it so quickly that it felt flat.

Old 07-01-2019, 07:21 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,892,208 times
Not a bad episode, I liked the way not Coulson said "Told ya" at the end.

Old 07-01-2019, 09:15 AM

28,687 posts, read 18,829,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
Wow, it's so weird how differently people feel about things - I loved the high/drunk girls episode and thought it was hilariously unexpected for a "family" show. I also thought it was character building for Daisy and Gemma's relationship, which I always felt was brushed over too lightly as though you assume they are close friends due to all they've been through together, yet how often do we really see a tight bond between them? The team has a tight bond, of course, but just those too characters? I felt like I hadn't seen it until that episode.

And I've always enjoyed the one-off episodes that focus on one or two characters - they are just able to go into so much more depth than normal. The episode where it's just Gemma on the deserted planet (several seasons ago) was one of the best ones ever.

Partly for that reason, I loved the FitzSimmons episode. They have been through so much and yet they never have time to process it and this episode really showed how many unresolved issues they had with each other, and finally gave them the chance to actually work through them, in the end realizing that though they both have deeply darker sides to them and they've each been hurt by the other, they still love each other and would still go to the ends of time and space for each other. Additionally, I thought it was a great way for Fitz to find out all that he had missed. The unfolding of that was really well done without being boring to the viewers who already know what happened. We even got to see some memory scenes that we hadn't before so it wasn't just a recap for us, but equally they didn't rush through it so quickly that it felt flat.
I liked the episode, but I still fast-forwarded through several points of it. Kind of the way I often fast-forward through fight scenes.

Old 07-01-2019, 04:57 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,562,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I liked the episode, but I still fast-forwarded through several points of it. Kind of the way I often fast-forward through fight scenes.
Guess I'm not alone.

Old 07-05-2019, 04:04 PM

735 posts, read 1,172,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Code Yellow. I was all in one this episode A+ watch again. I couldn't help but think that given Deke's business and Mack's S.H.I.E.L.D organization five years would have fit better than the one year jump that the show made.

Agent Khan's revel sort of reminds me of Black Widow in Iron Man 2.
Still trying to get my head around the fact that this season broke with the MCU when seasons 1- 5 were in synch with what was going on in the Marvel movies up until Avengers Infinity War.

Despite Agents of Shield doing their own thing, my mind keeps trying to place season six in the Avengers Thanos arc; did this happen before the snap or after the snap?

Old 07-06-2019, 12:06 PM

10,215 posts, read 17,900,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by venture2000 View Post
Still trying to get my head around the fact that this season broke with the MCU when seasons 1- 5 were in synch with what was going on in the Marvel movies up until Avengers Infinity War.
They kind of went their own way a long time ago. They periodically mention what's going on in the movies, but it's not really involved in what they're dealing with and hasn't been since around Season 3. I read an article where Clark Gregg talked about how the writers stopped trying to tie it in so much with the movies several season ago and that's when it really took off and started getting better.

This was it: https://screenrant.com/agents-shield...u-clark-gregg/

"When Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. launched in 2013, the plan was for Marvel's films and TV shows to be intimately interwoven. Those plans changed in 2015, however, when a corporate restructure split Marvel Studios apart from the wider Marvel Entertainment.

[...]

In an interview with i09, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Clark Gregg has suggested there's a positive side to this division. While he seems to have enjoyed the tie-ins in the first and second seasons, he clearly believes his show is better off standing on its own two feet.

"I think in the early days it was very much an experiment and honestly, Marvel was really one big company, and now it’s really not. I think it’s really two separate divisions and there was a real desire to thread very carefully what we were doing with the movies. You know, at the end of season one with the Hydra reveal in Captain America: Winter Soldier, it turned our show upside down.

But I think when the show started to really find its best stride was when our writers decided “Eh, screw it. We’re going to take what we can get and there’s a lot of stuff [Marvel Studios] doesn’t seem to be using. They don’t seem to be using L.M.D.s, they don’t seem to be using Ghost Rider or the Framework. At first we didn’t believe that we were doing Secret Warriors, but then it became clear—‘Oh, that’s Quake.’ They’ve ingeniously taken the parts of the Marvel universe—which is broad—that no one seemed to be interested in, and we’ve squeezed every drop out of them and really let our train go on its own track."

He's certainly got a point. Beginning with season 2, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. began to build its own mythology, introducing the Inhumans and revealing that the hacker Skye was in reality the superhero Quake. By season 3, the S.H.I.E.L.D. team were confronting world-threatening foes like Hive without an Avenger in sight. Season 4 was probably the most creative, though, with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. moving to a later timeslot and reinventing itself to embrace everything from supernatural horror to dystopian virtual realities."

Old 07-06-2019, 01:45 PM

Well there is a difference from Coulson's team no longer covertly giving intelligence to the Avengers as the lead up to Age of Ultron had the show do, compared to being in a different universe/timeline of one MCU.

With the Thanos is coming story guess and miss you do have a split like The Runaways having a President Obama instead of President Ellis. Not just an ignore as it is a big world with hero work all over needing to be done so help is not coming and there is no need to waste screen time explaining the Avengers current whereabouts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV