Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 04:50 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,812,567 times

Advertisements

As I understand it, Jerry is the one who wanted to end the show. He was the straight man, and not as funny as the other characters. The show would be great without him. If he wants a royalty for the characters, then give it to him. Sure the characters got older, but their main appeal is to aging boomers anyway. None of the actors have come close to the success of that show, and would probably love to revive it... especially Kramer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 04:51 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Nobody wants that. It was time to end and had run it's course. Nothing stays funny forever.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:13 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,812,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Nobody wants that. It was time to end and had run it's course. Nothing stays funny forever.
Maybe YOU don't want it, but there are millions who DO want it. 'Nothing stays funny forever' - you are wrong, as witness the ratings for the RERUNS.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:26 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I still watch Seinfeld and it's still funny and I've seen some of the episodes over and over. Just like Cheers. 2 shows I can watch over and over and never get tired.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:34 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,619,995 times
Because it wouldn't be funny? Just a shot in the dark.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:15 AM

5,520 posts, read 7,112,574 times
At least make a Seinfeld comedy movie and they all can make money from that. I know I would be first in line to see it.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:36 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I still watch Seinfeld and it's still funny and I've seen some of the episodes over and over. Just like Cheers. 2 shows I can watch over and over and never get tired.
I agree. Today's tv comedies are so lame I prefer to watch the older, intelligently written and genuinely funny ones from a decade or two ago. I watch reruns of Seinfeld every day, and I also like Frasier. I love the characters on Seinfeld, including Jerry.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:33 PM

5,583 posts, read 6,510,564 times
Default Seinfeld/Richards Reunion

I just watched (on the computer, a first for me!) an episode(?) of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee (the finale, I don't know anything else about this) with Jerry Seinfeld and Michael Richards. Is this an online "show"?

I loved it! Michael talks about his faux pau and they conversed as themselves, not as their characters. There was some mention of the show, but not much.

I have "Extra" on TV right now and they are doing a story on the feature I just watched!

I recommend this to all Seinfeld fans.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:42 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,225,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
I just watched (on the computer, a first for me!) an episode(?) of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee (the finale, I don't know anything else about this) with Jerry Seinfeld and Michael Richards. Is this an online "show"?

I loved it! Michael talks about his faux pau and they conversed as themselves, not as their characters. There was some mention of the show, but not much.

I have "Extra" on TV right now and they are doing a story on the feature I just watched!

I recommend this to all Seinfeld fans.

Here's a little excerpt...

Michael Richards reunites with Jerry Seinfeld, looks for redemption [Video] - Yahoo! TV

Old 09-28-2012, 05:59 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
OP....First of all it wouldn't be a Seinfeld show without Jerry Seinfeld. It was his show named after him. The show was based around Jerry Seinfeld and the other characters. When the show ended like other successful shows they all mentioned that they had run out of ideas and wanted to go out on a high and be remembered that way instead of dragging the show on and wearing out it's popularity. Look at Cheers and Raymond etal. Those shows all said the same thing. Life changes, time changes, things change, we get over it. The re-runs will always be popular and people will always remember those shows as they were in that era. You also remember nostalgic happenings from those eras. New same name shows would ruin that memory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV