Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 07:49 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,666,169 times

Advertisements

Seeing them run up on that stage last night made me want to vomit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 08:19 AM

25,901 posts, read 16,627,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Yep, I think they forgot that they are supposed to be judges and not the stars of the show. Oh well, let the show die. It's time I think.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:21 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,858,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I agree with you. The gushing over Jessica and obvious favortism the judges showed to her just isn't fair to the other contestants who are busting their butts every week. I agree that she has one heck of a voice, but I REALLY hope she goes home next week now!

Old 04-13-2012, 08:44 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,876,319 times
My opinion of AI has really taken a hit this year. The contestants ALL need to be treated with respect and they are ALL working very hard.

I have never really liked Randy all that much but this year he seems to be trying to define his own style maybe in competion with Steven. But his stle seems to be little girl plastic beads and old lady jackets, I don't get it but...

I used to like JLO but now I can't stand her. I don't feel like she's done herself any favors by allowing the public to see what a publicity ho she is.

I really didn't have that high an opinion about Steven but now I love him. He seems to be the most realistic. It's amazing that these people can demand the money they make for what they are doing.

And Nygel Lythgoe, well I'm just not suprised to see this happen, especially since he came on board.

Why can't anything just be above board anymore? Why does there always have to be a chosen few that take it upon themselves to tell the American public what to think?

Old 04-13-2012, 09:05 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,267,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanchoNan View Post
That was the most contrived POS I've seen in a long time.

If there is a replay of the results show, have a look at Jessica's and Hollie's faces when Ryan first sent them to either side of the stage. Hollie is very happy and Jessica is VERY bummed. They telegraph the whole fiasco with their expressions.

For what it's worth - when Stephen said they were going to use the save tonight - I think he meant that none of the bottom three should have been there, so whoever got the lowest score would be saved. But then again, if he was in on it, I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to blow their little plan a bit. Being the rebel that he is

But Jennifer running up on the stage and grabbing the microphone away from her - please. That was so over the top.

I don't think Jessica knew what was happening, and then when she figured it out, she was very confused. And possibly embarrassed. Betcha they told her she was the one going home tonight so she would be sure to be all upset. She blew the beginning of that song twice. Hollie was relaxed and smiling the whole time. She knew she wasn't going anywhere.

No wonder Ryan has been acting silly the past couple weeks. The integrity of the show is in the toilet.
Well, in Hollie's defense she takes criticism like a champ. If you notice, she's been hammered on in the past few weeks by the judges and Jimmy and has always smiled and acted like nothing was wrong, so I don't really think she had an idea of everything. She may have known that one of the groups on either side of the stage was safe and one in the bottom. Who knows.

But, that doesn't ignore the fact I think the whole thing was completely planned and absurd. I'm not sure if Jessica knew beforehand what was happening, but I think the producers planned this whole thing to get people talking (like us now) which would get people watching.

I just thought it was a ridiculous circus. Making a huge deal about her being in the bottom and then when she goes to sing the judges run on stage and make a mockery out of the whole thing. I was embarrassed for Jessica and I was embarrassed for all the other contestants who had to openly see the judges gush over one person. Talk about a hit to the confidence for the others. I wouldn't doubt if Jessica didn't get talked to much on the ride back to their house

Anyways, this will be the last season I watch I think. I mainly watch for Hollie, but I've gotten attached to this year's other contestants since watching the beginning of the auditions that I want to watch the rest of the season regardless if Hollie goes home or not. But this season has just been a mess. From horrible judging (seriously, just telling someone they look nice is not judging), stupid antics like the Jermaine drama (like they didn't know about his law trouble beforehand?...give me a break) and the Jessica "save" fiasco of last night, all the way to J-LO totally pimping herself and products every week, its just become too much of a mess and typical reality TV show. This is just my opinion anyways.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:06 AM

958 posts, read 2,138,333 times
I agree with everyone who was put off by the way the judges acted last night.
If the show is going to continue with this farce of "singing for their life" they should at the very least let them sing or interupt a singer who they know the save will not use on and say hit the road.
Tit for tat or sit down and shut up

Old 04-13-2012, 09:10 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,619,936 times
I really don't understand all the extreme emotions expressed on this thread. After all it's just a TV show we are talking about here. It's supposed to be about entertainment. for those who are not entertained I sugest to them, don't watch the show. Pretty simple really. I can't be negative about any of these contestents. They all work their butts off week after week for a long time running. They all seem like really nice young folks and I can only wish the very best for them all. From this point going forward, they all have a tough row to hoe. I don't think being a celeb is in any way an easy life and as history clearly shows us it destroys many bright young stars. I just hope the very best for them all and I thank them for entertaining me for a few hours of my week.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:13 AM

572 posts, read 1,306,465 times
Quote:
I feel this way about the entire show, and other shows like it. Many of them are including Twitter now, and the "shocking result not to be missed." It's become all about ratings and product placement. Not that it wasn't before, but the whole show just seems fake and scripted. And it wouldn't surprise me if they filmed Jimmy's "predictions" after he knew the results.

Still fun to watch the actual performances, but beyond that, fast forward for me.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:19 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,278,700 times
It was clear when the two cute boys were in the left side group, the right side was in the bottom three.
The judges brought this on themselves by constantly praising Jessica and Joshua in addition to their cruel critique of Holly the previous night. People feet sorry for the underdog.
Kudos to Steven for not playing the game and announcing they were going to use the save no matter what Steven is the only judge I like. At least, he's talented unlike Jlo.
Fifteen and sixteen year old kids should not be competing. I'll play devil's advocate in defense of the judges. Jessica's voice was breaking. She was having a hard time continuing and IMHO that may be why they rushed the stage because they felt sorry for the teenager.
I don't know the demographics of this show, but I think the audience may be older than in the past. Elise's voters know she's not going to win, but want her to stay to sing another day. I was encouraged because I was getting busy signals on her line when I voted.
I agree with a PP. It's just entertainment - a diversion from the day's problems.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:34 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,611,088 times
Quote:

If there is a replay of the results show, have a look at Jessica's and Hollie's faces when Ryan first sent them to either side of the stage. Hollie is very happy and Jessica is VERY bummed. They telegraph the whole fiasco with their expressions.

For what it's worth - when Stephen said they were going to use the save tonight - I think he meant that none of the bottom three should have been there, so whoever got the lowest score would be saved. But then again, if he was in on it, I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to blow their little plan a bit. Being the rebel that he is

But Jennifer running up on the stage and grabbing the microphone away from her - please. That was so over the top.

I don't think Jessica knew what was happening, and then when she figured it out, she was very confused. And possibly embarrassed. Betcha they told her she was the one going home tonight so she would be sure to be all upset. She blew the beginning of that song twice. Hollie was relaxed and smiling the whole time. She knew she wasn't going anywhere.

No wonder Ryan has been acting silly the past couple weeks. The integrity of the show is in the toilet.
Thank-you!

I hope this sham doesn't backfire for Jessica and ruin her chances. I believe she also tried out for America's Got Talent. Just because she's only been alive x number of years doesn't mean the fact she has worked hard isn't valid. She should be proud of her strong work ethic, but yeah her response seemed scripted. Many are saying that it's no longer possible for R&B and urban to win on Idol and also that previous female winners could never win today. If that is the case, then the show has truly become very one dimensional.

AI does have a disclaimer and reserves the right to do as they see fit regarding results etc. They mention in the case of power voting if they deem the results unfair they can play with it. Also legally, apparently when they know they aren't actually sending someone home they can make ithe results "look" any way they choose.

I guess I will just remain one of the people who doesn't vote, that I've seen mentioned, and continue to enjoy the show for the entertainment value it brings me, until I decide it no longer does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV