Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2008, 08:16 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotech4dallas View Post
Those photos of Tulsa's skyline are precise and on point.

If you ever visit the Dallas area during the next couple of years, send me a DM autotech. I'll be happy to buy you lunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 08:33 AM

779 posts, read 2,246,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
If you ever visit the Dallas area during the next couple of years, send me a DM autotech. I'll be happy to buy you lunch.
I really do appreciate it. I hope to visit soon because I am missing Dallas so much (even thought the very last visit was in Sept/2008). I almost cried driving back to Oklahoma.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:55 AM

2 posts, read 13,101 times
Default neighborhood pics

Hi,

I'd like to see pics of different neighborhoods. Does anyone have any they can post? The downtown is nice but...

Old 10-26-2008, 12:45 PM

687 posts, read 2,349,703 times
I used to post these in a different thread, but here's a link to photos of the first ever hockey game played at the BOK Center.

Tulsa Oilers 2008 Home Opener - a set on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/oilerfan/sets/72157608385732628/detail/ - broken link)

Enjoy.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:12 PM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
I had a chance to visit Tulsa last week as part of the National Trust for Historic Places Conference.. I have to admit I did not know what to expect in visiting the City. I have to report that I was pleasantly surprised to see the collection of Art Deco buildings and modern skyscrapers at the City's core and the the "laid back" way of life compared to the DC-Baltimore rat race. What was very curious was that the downtown area seemed less populated than I had originally thought though throngs of people drifted in and out for various events at the BOK Center, the Marathon, and activities at the Performing Arts Center... while I was there.. I did visit the Gray Snail and Cherry (ladies night); Brookside; Brady/Greenwood; and the Blue Dome (McNellies is great). Being from back east, it was noticable how "less dense the City appeared in person.. compared to back east was striking.. are there any plans to add more buildings, apartments, condos, etc to the central core? I know the economies of scale for DC-Baltimore and Tulsa are different but given the City's location and cost of living... it may be an attractive area for those who can live there and telecommute "X" number of days a week/month to places like Chicago, LA or even Houston and could stand to live in a loft that is a quick taxi ride from the airport. It seems that the City's downtown has good bones and a lot of potential (I did not get out to the suburbs to get a feel for them). Some folks talked of OKC as being "the place" did not have a chance to experience it.. though would like to return to the area at some point... Love the housing stock particuliarly in the areas around downtown.. and for the value you cant beat it...

BTW are there any plans to upgrade the Convention Center??? This was a preservation conference.. at some point/ if not already in may become vintage and people may want to save it or keep it that way.. but I was not sure...

Thanks for a great time...

Old 10-27-2008, 05:29 PM

687 posts, read 2,349,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
I had a chance to visit Tulsa last week as part of the National Trust for Historic Places Conference.. I have to admit I did not know what to expect in visiting the City. I have to report that I was pleasantly surprised to see the collection of Art Deco buildings and modern skyscrapers at the City's core and the the "laid back" way of life compared to the DC-Baltimore rat race. What was very curious was that the downtown area seemed less populated than I had originally thought though throngs of people drifted in and out for various events at the BOK Center, the Marathon, and activities at the Performing Arts Center... while I was there.. I did visit the Gray Snail and Cherry (ladies night); Brookside; Brady/Greenwood; and the Blue Dome (McNellies is great). Being from back east, it was noticable how "less dense the City appeared in person.. compared to back east was striking.. are there any plans to add more buildings, apartments, condos, etc to the central core? I know the economies of scale for DC-Baltimore and Tulsa are different but given the City's location and cost of living... it may be an attractive area for those who can live there and telecommute "X" number of days a week/month to places like Chicago, LA or even Houston and could stand to live in a loft that is a quick taxi ride from the airport. It seems that the City's downtown has good bones and a lot of potential (I did not get out to the suburbs to get a feel for them). Some folks talked of OKC as being "the place" did not have a chance to experience it.. though would like to return to the area at some point... Love the housing stock particuliarly in the areas around downtown.. and for the value you cant beat it...

BTW are there any plans to upgrade the Convention Center??? This was a preservation conference.. at some point/ if not already in may become vintage and people may want to save it or keep it that way.. but I was not sure...

Thanks for a great time...
Yes, there are plans to renovate the CC; they are taking out a parking lot to add space. The old arena with icemaker will remain in place (for events that have floor seating the capacity is about 8500).

See the below link for some information regarding it. I'm not sure how much they are going to change it but I have a lot of memories in that old building. I graduated high school in there.

Tulsa Convention Center

Old 10-29-2008, 11:29 AM

45 posts, read 184,848 times
Thought I would submit some photos of Tulsa!

Tulsa Riverwalk:

http://kotv.com/newsimages/640/49f79a6a-8732-424f-ad9a-cc9074b11344.jpg (broken link)

Tulsa Sculptures:

Oklahoma Aquarium:

Center of the Universe:

Tulsa Driller:

New Shopping Going in at 121st and Memorial:

Philbrook:

Old 10-29-2008, 12:49 PM

633 posts, read 2,540,836 times
thanks! Where is the Tulsa Riverwalk? I have not been there since that was built.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:21 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawksweetie View Post
thanks! Where is the Tulsa Riverwalk? I have not been there since that was built.
It's in Jenks, just a tad south of Tulsa.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:07 PM

45 posts, read 184,848 times
Just thought I would post some more photos!

http://www.incog.org/Environmental/waterquality/Tulsa%20skyline%20lightening.jpg (broken link)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa