Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2008, 07:22 AM

8,260 posts, read 13,407,957 times

Advertisements

No from the East Coast- Baltimore, MD... I look forward to visiting.. What is the weather like in Tulsa that time of year? And just out of curiosity is there much difference in terms of the "feel" between Tulsa and OKC? I guess in terms of does one have more nightlife entertainment attractions venues than the other and perferred by OK residents/tourists? Some colleagues are considering driving down to OKC one evening... wanted to know if it would be worth the trip. I don't know when I will get back out to OK so I wanted to take in as much as possible in my free time. I did notice that this forum does not appear to have much of the "this city versus that city stuff" that I have seen in other forums particularly between large cities in the same state...so did not know if that was because both cities are comparable in size activities/composition and thus less competative with one another.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 09:14 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,957,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
No from the East Coast- Baltimore, MD... I look forward to visiting.. What is the weather like in Tulsa that time of year? And just out of curiosity is there much difference in terms of the "feel" between Tulsa and OKC? I guess in terms of does one have more nightlife entertainment attractions venues than the other and perferred by OK residents/tourists? Some colleagues are considering driving down to OKC one evening... wanted to know if it would be worth the trip. I don't know when I will get back out to OK so I wanted to take in as much as possible in my free time. I did notice that this forum does not appear to have much of the "this city versus that city stuff" that I have seen in other forums particularly between large cities in the same state...so did not know if that was because both cities are comparable in size activities/composition and thus less competative with one another.

Thanks
The weather at the end of October is generally going to be in the mid 70s for highs and the low 50s for lows. Sunny, crisp days; all in all a good time to visit Tulsa. If you have the time you should visit both cities and decide for yourself which you prefer.

OkC probably has more nightlife since it's larger, and it has renovated downtown/bricktown. As for what to do in Tulsa, check out this thread I posted awhile back.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/tulsa...und-tulsa.html

Old 10-15-2008, 02:06 PM

45 posts, read 185,105 times
Awesome pictures everyone!

Like some of you, I am displaced Tulsan now living in Colorado.

Keep posting pictures as you get them! They make me miss home more than I already do!

Old 10-16-2008, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
The weather at the end of October is generally going to be in the mid 70s for highs and the low 50s for lows. Sunny, crisp days; all in all a good time to visit Tulsa. If you have the time you should visit both cities and decide for yourself which you prefer.

OkC probably has more nightlife since it's larger, and it has renovated downtown/bricktown. As for what to do in Tulsa, check out this thread I posted awhile back.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/tulsa...und-tulsa.html

Make that highs in the 60s/70s with lows in the mid 40s/50s, and this is the MIDDLE of October..

Old 10-16-2008, 05:47 PM

Here is a link to a Tulsa World Slideshow of Tulsa's skyline. There are 79 pics from different years, angles, etc. Many BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS:

Tulsa World: Slideshows - Skyline

Old 10-17-2008, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelosh View Post
Here is a link to a Tulsa World Slideshow of Tulsa's skyline. There are 79 pics from different years, angles, etc. Many BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS:

Tulsa World: Slideshows - Skyline

Wow, those are some pretty stunning photos. Thanks for posting.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Wow, those are some pretty stunning photos. Thanks for posting.
No problem.

I have the shot of the skyline at dusk from the 1st hole at Southern Hills up in my office at home, and I have the picture of the Tulsa skyline with lightning up in my office at work.

You can order any of those pictures in a variety of different sizes. They are excellent in quality and I got them framed at Hobby Lobby for about $50.00 for the big picture of the golf course/skyline.

Old 10-25-2008, 12:45 PM

4 posts, read 16,535 times
Hi Synopsis

I like the photos. Would you mind if I use them in a web site I am creating? I need to accumulate some pictures of Tulsa.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbarnes View Post
Hi Synopsis

I like the photos. Would you mind if I use them in a web site I am creating? I need to accumulate some pictures of Tulsa.
The photos aren't mine wbarnes. If so, I would gladly let you use them. I am not sure about the copyrights on those photos either.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:12 AM

779 posts, read 2,249,658 times
Those photos of Tulsa's skyline are precise and on point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa