Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 03:44 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,148,300 times

Advertisements

Hi, I realized last evening that I have been on this forum a little too much and have been using the forum to "vent" which sometimes has led to discussions that get "off the topic" of what the thread was intended for. I am sorry for that.

First of all, I want to thank each and everyone of you for contributing to a move that has been a long, difficult and oftentimes stressful move. This forum has been of great value and I certainly cannot leave here without telling everyone how much I appreciate all their help and direction in the last several months.

And secondly, I just want to apologize for offending anyone with my own opinions, disappointments or statements in regards to different issues that I have experienced in Tulsa. I probably should have been on a different web-site talking about my personal opinions because I have become someone that is annoying to many and often times offensive in the way I have related my frustrations to you. Please believe me when I say that I have never intended to offend anyone here and I appreciate the fact that many of you are natives to Oklahoma and you love it here. I think that is a good thing and I don't want to ruin or taint that opinion with my own views and comparisons. So please forgive me for causing any bad feelings.

With all this in mind I want to say "goodbye". I have decided to back away from the Tulsa forum. I really feel that for certain people even the appearance of my name on this particular forum brings them stress. Therefore, I would love to receive private messages if you wish to do so but I will not be posting here again. I will post on different forums where I feel I can help, encourage, direct and share with others in a more positive manner and where my name is less threatening.

Again, I apologize for allowing my views and opinions to upset certain people... May you enjoy this forum and have a nice week/weekend... and please not take this personal...it isn't anyones fault that I have chosen to leave. I leave on my own accord... Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 04:06 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,977,654 times
does this mean meeting for coffee is off?

Old 10-20-2009, 06:18 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,434,568 times
Raelyn, "goodbye posts" are really not allowed, but I understand that you're still going to be hanging out in other forums of CD so it shouldn't be a problem.

Sometimes the written word is hard to understand and that often causes confusion and hard feelings. Believe me~sometimes the spoken word is even hard for me to grasp at times.

You made a long move and it was a move that wasn't a chosen one. I'm sorry that was the situation and it can't be easy. I know there are many things you like about your new area and I wish you the best. I think your "thank you" to the OK members was very gracious of you.

I'm sorry that you're backing off the OK forum for a bit, but there are many sections on CD and we'll bump into each other.

My DM door is always open, too.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:03 PM

702 posts, read 2,516,685 times
I've always enjoyed your posts, and if there are people out there that have said differently then please disregard them! Don't go, please stay and keep posting! This forum gets pretty boring at times, things need spiced up time to time.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:29 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,500,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Raelyn, "goodbye posts" are really not allowed, but I understand that you're still going to be hanging out in other forums of CD so it shouldn't be a problem.

Sometimes the written word is hard to understand and that often causes confusion and hard feelings. Believe me~sometimes the spoken word is even hard for me to grasp at times.

You made a long move and it was a move that wasn't a chosen one. I'm sorry that was the situation and it can't be easy. I know there are many things you like about your new area and I wish you the best. I think your "thank you" to the OK members was very gracious of you.

I'm sorry that you're backing off the OK forum for a bit, but there are many sections on CD and we'll bump into each other.

My DM door is always open, too.
>>>>>
I think your "thank you" to the OK members was very gracious of you.
<<<<<

True statement here, Jammie.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:10 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,531,444 times
We all disagree one some point at one time or another. In time you will learn which people just disagree with you all the time and you learn to ignore them.

There are plenty of good people here on the okie forum who enjoy your posts, so don't leave on account of a few who don't.

OTOH, there are a lot of good forums on CDF. Try checking them out. There are some good people here who have been around for a long time and good friendships are made.

Jammie, is your DM welcome mat out for the rest of us too?

Old 10-20-2009, 09:28 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,068,225 times
Yeah Jammie... what about the rest of us? :P

Old 10-20-2009, 10:40 PM

(Jammie throwing the door wide open) Come on in, everyone.

Yes, my door is open to all of you. (Bring food though.)

I was hoping we'd be invited to Raelyn's housewarming party, but my invitation must've gotten lost.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:59 PM

99 posts, read 317,640 times
She said sorry about her attitude but still hasnt said anything positive about her new city. Unless I missed it somewhere? She isnt saying things are good shes saying sorry I cant say positive things so I guess I cant say anything at all. Like they say "if you cant say something nice dont say anything at all"

Old 10-21-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashingsucks View Post
She said sorry about her attitude but still hasnt said anything positive about her new city. Unless I missed it somewhere? She isnt saying things are good shes saying sorry I cant say positive things so I guess I cant say anything at all. Like they say "if you cant say something nice dont say anything at all"
That's unfair. She is reaching out to people here and thanking them and gets slapped in the face? Where's all that Southern hospitality and manners I always read about?

Last edited by Jammie; 10-21-2009 at 09:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
View detailed profiles of: