Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 10:14 AM

7,525 posts, read 17,006,036 times

Advertisements

Some people are just cranky
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 03:07 PM

99 posts, read 318,269 times
Default no slaps

Im not slapping her in the face , she thanked everyone for helping her no matter how she reacted towards them they still tried to help her. Shes thanking them for TRYING to help her but she didnt thank them for helping her. Or agree that it was going to be ok. Or agree that the place isnt that bad. She stated that thank for you replies but I cant say anything nice so I am going to stop talking. So thats the peoples choices listen to someone ***** or not listen to them at all...What happened to the third choice of talk but be more positive with life. Shes obvioulsy not happy with herself and blames the move on her anger

Old 10-21-2009, 03:09 PM

Default Cranky

Cranky is the nice word used. If you look at my post I might show up in town without job offer and no where to live in advance but I am still not complaining. I always tell my employees -were all going to die one day so dont stress. No matter how upset you get your all going to die- they then laugh at me and go back to work with a smile on their faces.

Old 10-21-2009, 03:57 PM

7,525 posts, read 17,006,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashingsucks View Post
Cranky is the nice word used. If you look at my post I might show up in town without job offer and no where to live in advance but I am still not complaining.........
From one crank to another................

If it ends up like that, drop me a line. I may have an option or two....depending on when you get here

Old 10-21-2009, 11:46 PM

Default thanks

Thank you Goodpasture for your help. We should be fine once we get there. I have had offers and interest from several restaurants but either, and I know I shouldnt be so picky in this economy, they dont pay enough for us to survive or they dont want to go any further until I am sitting in front of them. When we lived in San Diego I was applying for jobs in Southern Utah for months with no offers so one day I jumped in my truck told my wife I would be back next day and drove 6 1/2 hours to Utah. I went in and applied to four places that I had know was hiring or that I applied to earlier. I returned to San Diego and the next day I had offers for two restaurants and one retail store for manager positions. So I feel that is what needs to happen with Tulsa. But that scares the hell out of my wife, plus with insurance her medicine still cost us around $200 a month and without insurance its over $1000 a month. I might need to do what I did here and move ahead of her while she stay here in Utah and keeps working and receiving her medical insurance until my new jobs medical insurance kicks in. I have had an offer is SLC but turned it down because the pay was a little low and we dont wnat to live in Utah if possible. My wife is scared that tornados are going to be a problem. I told her If the weather starts to get bad Ill tie weights to our wennie dogs.
But I know people I met here in Utah that cant believe I have felt over 30 earthquakes and I wasnt scared.
Thanks again.

Old 10-22-2009, 04:52 AM

2,733 posts, read 1,548,515 times
Crashingsucks: Tornadoes are not really a problem here in Oklahoma. Too many people outside of Oklahoma seem to think our state is constantly plagued by killer tornadoes, but it's just not true. Of course, Oklahomans see tornadoes on TV updates all the time, but that's just it....the watches and warnings for tornadoes are almost always given with plenty of advance time to prepare. (Often Oklahomans know DAYS in advance of a severe weather/tornado outbreak possibility.) Please tell your wife not to worry about tornadoes. More than likely, they will be one of the last things to worry about when you move here.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:39 AM

Educator, thank you for your help, now i just have to convince my wife.I had to remind her that back in San Diego we were surrounded by fires all the time. Hopefully your last sentences doesnt mean theres will be way more other things to worry about. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
View detailed profiles of: