Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2009, 05:30 AM

28 posts, read 83,348 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at the possibility of moving to Tulsa this summer and am needing an idea of where to live.

I am a single male in my late 30's but generally very easy-going and very laid-back.

All I need is a pet friendly neighborhood and it doesn't matter if I'm in a small studio apartment or a large, executive mansion . As I tend to stay out of trouble the crime rate isn't a huge concern except that as I frequently work shift work sometimes I'll have to be walking my dog at around midnight and will want to feel safe.

Thanks for the info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 01:38 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,948,345 times
This might help somewhat restam; although I see no apartments on any of those lists.

DogFriendly.com's City Guide: Tulsa, Oklahoma

Tulsa Pet Friendly Rentals in Tulsa, Oklahoma

Tulsa Dog Parks - Tulsa Dog Parks Oklahoma Off Leash Dog Parks

Old 03-09-2009, 03:29 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,866,320 times
Most areas of Tulsa are pet friendly. I see lots of people walking dogs around our neighborhood. People who observe the leash law would be welcomed most everywhere.

P. S. I have a single daughter in her late 30's who is laid back and loves animals, especially cats. She is working on her PhD in English Lit. and is teaching at TU.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:41 PM

28 posts, read 83,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
Most areas of Tulsa are pet friendly. I see lots of people walking dogs around our neighborhood. People who observe the leash law would be welcomed most everywhere.

P. S. I have a single daughter in her late 30's who is laid back and loves animals, especially cats. She is working on her PhD in English Lit. and is teaching at TU.
Hmmmmmmmmmm

Old 03-21-2009, 12:34 PM

1,256 posts, read 2,494,969 times
Tulsa has quite a few neighborhood parks that are great for dog walking. I love taking my doggie to the trails at River Parks -- tons of dog walkers there. They currently are renovating and creating different trails for bikers and walkers, but the northern section -- from 31st St bridge to 11th St and beyond -- is finished and it is really beautiful! Quite a few apartments and condos for rent too. The area is close to downtown, too, which suddenly seems to be booming. I think this would be a highly desirable place to live for singles.

They are suppossed to be adding a dog park to Hunter Park which is in south Tulsa off of 91st between Yale and Sheridan. Very nice area, very nice park, lots of trails that connect to the Creek Turnpike trail, which is also fun to walk and bike.

LaFortune Park is huge, very nice, in the middle of a busy midtown area. There is an apartment complex across the street -- Barcelona apts., but you would have to cross a busy four-lane street to actually get to the park.

If you need more info, just ask! Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
View detailed profiles of: