Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 02:45 PM

2 posts, read 25,923 times

Advertisements

A little more info...

I am looking for an area that would be best suited for raising children. Quiet neighborhoods and preferably new construction. Browsing online I saw a lot of 4 bedroom homes going at about 250,000-300,000. So, somewhere in that range, maybe 350K maximum.

I would prefer to live in a subdivision with a clubhouse, pool and tennis courts. Close to shopping and malls, restaurants, but not neccessarily inside the city.

I am moving from Atlanta, currently living in the suburbs and commute in traffic.

I would like to be about 15-20 mins away from the main city area.

-LP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 03:40 PM

2,825 posts, read 7,549,322 times
Have your realtor look in the school districts I mentioned before ..... BA, Union and Jenks.

Or check with my partner Goodpasture. He has access to MLS and can send you some listings if you want.

Old 05-03-2008, 03:53 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,994,129 times
That would mean anywhere in Jenks, Glenpool, Broken Arrow, Bixby, Owasso, Sapulpa, Sand Springs, Collinsville, Inola, Catoosa and Claremore.

In that price range, with a minimum of 4 bedrooms, built in 2007 or 2008, there are 81 houses listed with MLS, averaging about 3,000 sf, with 3 1/2 baths ad a 3 car garage. The predominate school districts for these houses is Broken Arrow, Owasso, Collinsville, and Union. the average days on the market are 128, which indicates a slowing market. Most of these subdivisions have some sort of community recreational assets. You should get some pretty good deals with builders who are trying to move inventory that they are making interest payments on. Of houses, based on the same criteria, but built within the past 5 years, there are about 200 on the market.

If you want to DM me anything you specifically want, I will be happy to look for you.

Here is the broker remarks for one house in Broken Arrow: 4 or 5 Bdrm.-5th. bdrm. can be office. Granite throughout,neighborhood pool & park,walking trails. Quality new construction in beautiful neighborhood with easy hwy. access. Price is $299,900 for a house with 5 bedrooms, 3 baths, and 3 car garage. I think the size is about 3400sf....it is still under construction and I do not know the builder personally.

FWIW, I do not actively solicit real estate sales. I am a real estate appraiser with access to both OKC and Tulsa MLS. DM me if you want any additional information or if you have other criteria you want me to look at. I am NOT soliciting.....just trying to be of assistance.

Last edited by Goodpasture; 05-03-2008 at 04:06 PM..

Old 05-03-2008, 04:16 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,404,765 times
What about Redfork?
(Or should I just shut-up about that?)

Old 05-03-2008, 04:35 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,994,129 times
I think Redfork is in the Berryhill School District.......and the most expensive 4 bedroom house in that school district is $225,000 and was built in 97

Old 05-03-2008, 04:37 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,404,765 times
You're right...

People should DEFINITELY avoid that place...
Ewwww....

Old 05-03-2008, 06:45 PM

708 posts, read 689,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
Thanks sweetie!
==========================

Welcome to the forum LovePink.

I'm new in Tulsa as of about a week ago...
Not sure how qualified I am to be telling
anyone anything about the place,
but I would recommend it to my friends...

Tulsa is not like most big cities I've seen....
The traffic isn't bad even at rush hour,
the folks are laid back and friendly for the most part.

Property and rents are cheaper than most cities.

There are tons of decent jobs here.

Just about every convenience you'd want can be had here.
There's plenty of good shopping all over the place here.

I couldn't tell you what the best neighborhoods are at this point,
I'm still learning my way around.

Perhaps you'll get lucky and Goodpasture or Synopsis will happen by this thread...
They can tell you more than I can.

I only threw in my 2 cents because Cali asked.

I didn't see where you're relocating from,
so I can't help you with comparisons.

I'm pretty sure you'll find Tulsa to your liking if you
get into an area that suits you.

Good luck!
now look at all that fun info! and ur welcome!

Old 07-13-2008, 12:16 AM

219 posts, read 789,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briansgi View Post
Owasso Owasso Owasso!! There is a reason everyone is moving to Owasso! No crime, new parks, great schools, nice shopping, two brand new hospitals, lots of new restaurants. The city leaders are very pro active and the town has put alot of emphasis on families. Plus you are removed from the rat race of Tulsa, yet just a short 10 mile drive to the south and you are in Tulsa. You have two major expressways into Tulsa, 169 and highway 75.
I looked there. Can someone explain?

Air quality in Owasso, OK is 14 on a scale to 100 (higher is better). This is based on ozone alert days and number of pollutants in the air, as reported by the EPA.
Water quality in Owasso, OK is 60 on a scale to 100 (higher is better). The EPA has a complex method of measuring watershed quality using 15 indicators.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:45 AM

687 posts, read 2,351,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRvortec View Post
I looked there. Can someone explain?

Air quality in Owasso, OK is 14 on a scale to 100 (higher is better). This is based on ozone alert days and number of pollutants in the air, as reported by the EPA.
Water quality in Owasso, OK is 60 on a scale to 100 (higher is better). The EPA has a complex method of measuring watershed quality using 15 indicators.
I think they're basing that number on the Tulsa Metro area's Ozone Days. The geography of Tulsa (sitting in a bit of a valley) gives it some issues with what is called inversion.

See the following website:

The Tulsa Oklahoma Ozone Alert! Program

Old 07-13-2008, 11:03 AM

702 posts, read 2,519,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovePink05 View Post
My husband and I are relocating to Tulsa, OK. I am wondering where is the best place to buy a home. Best neighborhoods, schools, close to shopping, etc. We plan to have a few kids as well, so we are looking for at least a 4 bedroom house if not more.

Thanks, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Got the perfect neighborhood for you, it's in Owasso, close to shopping, great schools, new neighborhood - Coffee Creek:

New Homes in Tulsa - Owasso OK - Coffee Creek
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa