Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2012, 01:46 PM

7 posts, read 11,188 times

Advertisements

In the summer of 2008 I began a research project out of curiosity that has evolved into a passion
I am searching for houses that were ordered from companies such as Sears, Montgomery Ward, Aladdin, Gordon Van Tine. Without getting in to too much detail if you haven't a clue what I am talking about then visit this website www.searshomes.org
These houses will be from the early 1900's, maybe 1910'ish at the earliest to 1940 with 1920-1930 the most likely time frame. If you have a lead please message me. I am going to post a few below that are in the Owen Park area. For more search Tulsa in that link above or find my page on facebook. I have been to Chelsea, Tahlequah, Muskogee, Wagoner, Bristow, Depew, just to highlight a few places that I have found mail order catalog homes.

All photos are mine and were taken by me. The catalog images were scanned by me from my own vintage collection circa 1920. My images can not be reposted or borrowed or used without my written permission.

To see more of my discoveries visit me at https://www.facebook.com/groups/3063...e/164649603206

Or visit the link above you will find the Sears blog very interesting!
Attached Thumbnails
Searching for Possible Mail Order Homes anywhere in Oklahoma-rjs_3510a.jpg   Searching for Possible Mail Order Homes anywhere in Oklahoma-sears-arlington-catalog-imagea.jpg   Searching for Possible Mail Order Homes anywhere in Oklahoma-rjs_3515a.jpg   Searching for Possible Mail Order Homes anywhere in Oklahoma-gvt-560.jpg   Searching for Possible Mail Order Homes anywhere in Oklahoma-rjs_3520a.jpg  

Searching for Possible Mail Order Homes anywhere in Oklahoma-aladdin-shadow-lawn-1922-catalog-imagea.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa