Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2012, 03:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,807 times

Advertisements

Hey Everyone!

We are moving to Tulsa this summer and we would appreciate if someone could recommend a place between Coffeyville and Tulsa. Preferably something very close to 169 (and, if possible, Indian restaurants). Our child would go to Holland Hall Prep and we would be commuting to Coffeyville. Looking to spend $600k+ on a new home as long as it very safe and in a great community. Preferably not longer than a 20 minute commute for our child and not longer than a 40 minute commute for us.

Since we are coming in from suburban Chicago we are used to very urban suburbs (lots of food, shopping etc) so it would be great if there was something similar. Definitely not rural/semi-rural.

Any good recommendations? Many thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 07:28 AM

620 posts, read 1,753,527 times
The drive from Holland Hall to Coffeyville takes 91 minutes according to Google maps, so your commute times will add up to at least that number, not 60. I suggest either Owasso or Broken Arrow for non-rural living and optimum commutes. 600K will buy a huge home and/or large acreage.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:00 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,602,460 times
Google Maps............
5666 E 81st St, Tulsa, OK 74137 - Google Maps

Owasso......I have family members that live there....
https://www.city-data.com/city/Owasso-Oklahoma.html

Owasso, Oklahoma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Broken Arrow............
https://www.city-data.com/city/Broken...-Oklahoma.html

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-29-2012, 11:46 AM

1,812 posts, read 2,228,993 times
Owasso is not my favorite part of the metro area but Owasso is probably the only place close to what you have described.

It's probably a 30 minute drive from Owasso to Holland Hall depending on where you live and while Owasso to Coffeyville is an easy drive for the most part up 169, it's a good hour to get there. That would be a tough life spent mostly in a car.

Job at Amazon?

How about Bartlesville? It's a great town and less than 30 minutes from Coffeyville. Holland Hall would be too far from Bartlesville (45-60 minutes) but the public schools are very good and there are private schools, though I don't know anything about them.

Coffeyville is just very far from metro Tulsa to commute.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
Owasso is not my favorite part of the metro area but Owasso is probably the only place close to what you have described.

It's probably a 30 minute drive from Owasso to Holland Hall depending on where you live and while Owasso to Coffeyville is an easy drive for the most part up 169, it's a good hour to get there. That would be a tough life spent mostly in a car.

Job at Amazon?

How about Bartlesville? It's a great town and less than 30 minutes from Coffeyville. Holland Hall would be too far from Bartlesville (45-60 minutes) but the public schools are very good and there are private schools, though I don't know anything about them.

Coffeyville is just very far from metro Tulsa to commute.
Since the family is coming in from Chicago Ill the commute will be a breeze , the commute covers a long distant , but the nerves wrecking stop and go traffic isn't a problem in metro tulsa ok...like it is in CA or Ill

Old 04-29-2012, 12:54 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,997,619 times
Indian Restaurants? May be one or two in the metro area.

Will both of you be going to Coffeeville? (You said "we would be commuting to Coffeyville") If so, get a house near Holland Hall. Some great neighborhoods in that area and pretty easy access to the turnpike to get you to Coffeeville. Should be a good drive as you will be going opposite from the majority of traffic.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Indian Restaurants? May be one or two in the metro area.

Will both of you be going to Coffeeville? (You said "we would be commuting to Coffeyville") If so, get a house near Holland Hall. Some great neighborhoods in that area and pretty easy access to the turnpike to get you to Coffeeville. Should be a good drive as you will be going opposite from the majority of traffic.
Bingo that's the best answer yet , if you live in the Holland Hall area your kids could very easily walk to school "releasing you from the duty of driving them every morning" it common to have a Hour Commute in Chicago Ill...."that makes you pull your hair out"..tulsa to coffeyville with a (book on tape) or your fave music is a breeze....the Advantage of Owasso is having acres with a huge house and pond on it.....

Old 05-03-2012, 08:38 PM

19 posts, read 36,456 times
Hi,

I live in South Tulsa and my kids went to Holland Hall. My commute was 5 minutes, and close to everything else.

If your interested, I am a Realtor and can assist you with any Real Estate needs.

You can contact Cheryl Cardano at 918-260-4265, or
ccardano@cbtulsa.com.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:20 AM

Are your children old enough to drive themselves to school ? ( if so ) buy
the acreage in " Owasso OK " with the "stocked fishing pond " and very
large McMansion and listen to the Wall Street Journal Pod Cast on your
I Phone The Daily Wrap from The Wall Street Journal with Michael Castner on
your commute to work in Coffeyville KS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa