Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 10:40 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,151,063 times

Advertisements

Hi, My husband has a possible job relocation to the Tulsa area. Although I am a midwest girl I have't lived in the midwest for years. We have two boys one who is fourteen the other is ten. They are both REALLY good baseball players and they play football. Which is the best school as far as academics and sports? What area should we consider living in with the school district in mind that is safe and nice? We will be renting for a couple of years and then buying a home. Does anyone know of a good source for rentals that I can begin to look at? Your help is greatly appreciated...

Sincerely,
Vince, Raelyn, Michael and Justin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 08:45 AM

687 posts, read 2,351,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Hi, My husband has a possible job relocation to the Tulsa area. Although I am a midwest girl I have't lived in the midwest for years. We have two boys one who is fourteen the other is ten. They are both REALLY good baseball players and they play football. Which is the best school as far as academics and sports? What area should we consider living in with the school district in mind that is safe and nice? We will be renting for a couple of years and then buying a home. Does anyone know of a good source for rentals that I can begin to look at? Your help is greatly appreciated...

Sincerely,
Academics is probably going to be the Tulsa Magnet schools, Booker T Washington and Carver???

Sports. For football, Jenks or Union, hands down. Do a search on 'jenks union backyard bowl' and that's all you need to know as far as football goes.

Baseball, Jenks and Union not so much. If you lean toward baseball, Owasso would most likely be the best.

But all three (Jenks, Union, Owasso) are all pretty good for academics as well.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:03 PM

50 posts, read 170,437 times
I would say that Booker T. and Carver have prepared me EXTREMELY well in my later higher education. Our football and basketball programs have both turned out several pro athletes in Baseball and Football. I would definitely go to Owasso if you lean towards baseball but BTW has a GREAT football program.

Owasso is also a pretty good place to live if you don't mind cookie cutter houses that are all rather new. I guess I am just a snob when it comes to older houses with more character.

AJK

Old 05-08-2009, 04:20 PM

702 posts, read 2,518,727 times
Owasso has a very good school system and their sports is top notch too, especially their baseball team. They seem to win the state title each year and have placed numerous players in the big leagues.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:21 PM

687 posts, read 2,351,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briansgi View Post
Owasso has a very good school system and their sports is top notch too, especially their baseball team. They seem to win the state title each year and have placed numerous players in the big leagues.

Baseball....football? Not so much...

I would put Owasso on par academically with BA or Bixby. Not Jenks or Union. They're all fairly close. And definitely not close to ANY of the TPS magnet schools (Edison Prep, BTW, Carver Middle School).

Old 05-08-2009, 09:31 PM

702 posts, read 2,518,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOkie View Post
Baseball....football? Not so much...

I would put Owasso on par academically with BA or Bixby. Not Jenks or Union. They're all fairly close. And definitely not close to ANY of the TPS magnet schools (Edison Prep, BTW, Carver Middle School).
Actually Owasso does quite well in football considering they do NOT recruit like Jenks and Union do year after year!

Old 05-09-2009, 01:01 AM

445 posts, read 1,071,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post

Sincerely,
Jenks and Union.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:34 AM

Thank you for the advise. I checked out Owasso and the baseball team looks REALLY professional. I bet you have to be REALLY good to make the team.. Anyway.. I will keep checking back as my husband will be in the Tulsa area at the first of June...

Thanks,
Raelyn

Old 05-23-2009, 09:20 PM

265 posts, read 904,909 times
Broken Arrow is a great community with a great school system. There are always millions of dollars in scholarships awarded to Broken Arrow students each year.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:21 AM

Wow!! I have so much great information that now I don't know where to live. I guess I have a few months to decide, right?? Anyway,, thank you to all of you who have helped me so much. It is very much appreciated... Check out the pictures that someone sent me on the other school thread that I posted a few days ago.. Really beautiful pictures..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa