Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 10:00 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,762,689 times

Advertisements

After just over two days in jail, Bernie Madoff wants out.

His lawyers filed papers with a federal court Friday appealing his jailing, saying he should be released until sentencing. Madoff was jailed after pleading guilty to 11 counts of fraud, money laundering, perjury and theft in federal court Thursday.

ABC News: Madoff Looks for Way Out of Jail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 11:15 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,205,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
After just over two days in jail, Bernie Madoff wants out.

His lawyers filed papers with a federal court Friday appealing his jailing, saying he should be released until sentencing. Madoff was jailed after pleading guilty to 11 counts of fraud, money laundering, perjury and theft in federal court Thursday.

ABC News: Madoff Looks for Way Out of Jail
They should offer his wife the opportunity to trade places with him. One or the other for now until they are both thrown in for good. I have a feeling she might be just as guilty as he is. Maybe more. He really looks like a shnook that could easily be led around by the nose. Her greed shines thru all of this in the way that she's insisting on holding onto what she has the nerve to say rightfully belongs to her. Bet she is not sleeping too well.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:38 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,470,249 times
He is guilty, he ADMITTED to being guilty... yet he thinks he should be released until sentencing, so he can "disappear" and I think the chances of that are pretty high????
The guy is NUTS. As it is he will never get his just punishment.

forum rules, please read them

Old 03-14-2009, 11:52 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,031,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
They should offer his wife the opportunity to trade places with him. One or the other for now until they are both thrown in for good. I have a feeling she might be just as guilty as he is. Maybe more. He really looks like a shnook that could easily be led around by the nose. Her greed shines thru all of this in the way that she's insisting on holding onto what she has the nerve to say rightfully belongs to her. Bet she is not sleeping too well.

I'd bet that she's sleeping like a baby...she has a good doctor to make sure of that. Plus, like Leona Helmsley and Imelda Marcos (and their husbands), these people are amoral; they don't have a conscience to feel
any guilt or remorse. You have to pity people whose lives are so shallow and self-absorbed. They don't exactly make that an easy thing to do, do they?

Old 03-15-2009, 05:01 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,364,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
He is guilty, he ADMITTED to being guilty... yet he thinks he should be released until sentencing, so he can "disappear" and I think the chances of that are pretty high????
The guy is NUTS. As it is he will never get his just punishment.
He could also have a "heart attack" like Ken Lay.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:18 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,830,158 times
chiel I think she's praying for it, because if anyone recalls the way that story went, ken lays wife has everyones retirement money on technicality.

There once was a pope who was found posthumously to be wickedly rotten. They actually dragged his carcass out, put his bones on trial, and tossed him out of the vatican tomb permanently. Catholics don't let much go by casually.

I'd sig Opus dei on these characters.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:36 AM

31,384 posts, read 37,178,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
he should be released until sentencing
Like hell!

Old 03-15-2009, 05:44 AM

13,620 posts, read 12,774,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
He could also have a "heart attack" like Ken Lay.
that would be great if he did at least the tax payer would not have to carry this loser thru the rest of his life!!!!!!!that cold bastard should be tortured until he spills the beans... give him the pelosi treatment it's kinda harsh but he deserves it.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:12 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,364,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
that would be great if he did at least the tax payer would not have to carry this loser thru the rest of his life!!!!!!!that cold bastard should be tortured until he spills the beans... give him the pelosi treatment it's kinda harsh but he deserves it.
I disagree. I hope he has a nice long time in prison and gets to think about what he did every day of it.

Sometimes death is a mercy.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:49 AM

1,936 posts, read 1,831,820 times
I think he will commit suicide. He should remain behind bars and tell where and who has the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime