Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 04:39 PM

279 posts, read 1,860,631 times

Advertisements

Lannie you are much more informed than I, but I too have never believed that anyone in family did it. All the evidence that the media picked and chose to report was a joke. (the whole media in general--but that's another thread) John Ramsey lost his oldest daughter in a car accident, to me that would make him see the big picture when it came to his surviving children. And then I don't care how much you love your spouse, would you cover for them? I don't think so.
One other piece of evidence that wasn't taken seriously was in the basement under the broken window was a suitcase pushed up against the wall.
And that house was HUGE, 4 stories. It was like a maze, anyone could have easily hid for a day or 2.

Old 12-21-2006, 05:38 PM

431 posts, read 394,687 times
Default The basement window and the suitcase..

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingoutofCA View Post
Lannie you are much more informed than I, but I too have never believed that anyone in family did it. All the evidence that the media picked and chose to report was a joke. (the whole media in general--but that's another thread) John Ramsey lost his oldest daughter in a car accident, to me that would make him see the big picture when it came to his surviving children. And then I don't care how much you love your spouse, would you cover for them? I don't think so.
One other piece of evidence that wasn't taken seriously was in the basement under the broken window was a suitcase pushed up against the wall.
And that house was HUGE, 4 stories. It was like a maze, anyone could have easily hid for a day or 2.

Good points.

And that suitcase was photographed by police! The suitcase below the open window, which was moved there by someone, seems to be the way the murderer got himself up to the open window and out of the house.

And what about the stun gun marks on the body?? That would have kept her quiet while she was being kidnapped from her bedroom.

And there were footprints visible in the mold on the wine cellar floor that didn't belong to any family member.

And the garrotte used to strangle Jon Benet was expertly constructed. Are we to believe Patsy made this??

Old 12-26-2006, 09:07 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,995,956 times
One of the investigators, Tom Wickman of the Boulder Police, on the case just said today that the marks on JonBenet's face were not a stun gun, that the Boulder Police have proven that there was not stun gun marks on the body, and that the "stun gun" theory is a myth. He also said that the evidence in the case which points to the probable killer already exists, but hasn't been given proper credit and believes advances in handwriting analysis, etc. could solve the case. Interesting...

Last edited by MoMark; 12-26-2006 at 10:18 AM..

Old 12-26-2006, 12:13 PM

431 posts, read 394,687 times
Ah, but therein lies the problem. The invesigator is from the Boulder Police Department and they debunk anything and everything except for their presumed guilt of the Ramseys. That is why the Boulder District Attorney's office has it's own investigator working full-time and they have asked for additional money ($40K) from the Boulder County Commissioners to continue the work for the next year. The DA and the police are on opposite sides of this investigation, you must remember that. The police ruined this from the beginning and the DA knew it and could never indict anyone because of the shoddy police work. This is absolute - no wavering in the facts from either side; Boulder PD messed up royally. Hopefully, the DA's office, with their investigator, will solve it - someday. The DNA evidence (saliva) will hopefully be the key. The handwriting? Please! If Patsy wrote that note, the "experts" would have proven it by now. What else is going to evolve from handwriting analysis?? Please. She didn't write it. Stun gun? I've seen the autopsy photos, as has the rest of the world - there sure is something there that has never been explained (or released by the coroner).

Old 09-13-2009, 02:09 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,285,272 times
I never felt the parents were responsible in any way. My opinion has always been based on later investigations made by outside sources. I'm not saying I'm right....but it is better to believe the best than to believe a lie.

Assuming they were innocent.....what the media did to these people was so wrong, I don't even have words for it.

If they were guilty....then it will be dealt with in a much greater court at another time.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:54 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,033,999 times
A while ago I saw one of the investigators on a talk show and he said Patsy and the rest of her family were ruled out a long time ago. I'm surprised anyone is still talking about it. Let her be.......Very sad that she had to spend her remaining days that way. We all know what stress can do to the body - could very well be what stirred up the cancer. Very sad.....

Old 09-19-2009, 12:03 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,689,772 times
I've always believed in the family's innocence. Same thing when baby Sabrina went missing. Anyone remember that case? So sad.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:15 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,173,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
I'm still sticking to my original theory -- A Mother covering for her son.
If that were the case, why would she not have confessed on her death bed? That way the case would have been closed once and for all and no chance of discovering any evidence that might implicate him?

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime