Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2015, 02:39 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,347,737 times

Advertisements

At the time of the Simpson trial, I was between "real" jobs, working as a part-time dispatcher for a taxicab / para-transit agency. Everyone in the office (which was all-Caucasian) believed Simpson to be guilty, except for three young women.

Those three held roles central to the functioning of the place, but all of them were unmarried single mothers; they insisted upon slowing up the entire operation for about half an hour on the morning the verdict was to be announced (so that they could watch, and presumably gloat), and got their way. When one or two male employees ridiculed their cackling over the verdict, it was those employees who were reprimanded.

All of which says something very unflattering about the supposed "emancipation" of women on the more-ragged edges of our economy -- and the power of myth when backed up by the manipulations of the media -- and the desires of the simple-minded, and what I'll call the "self-marginalized", to hear only what they want to hear.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 08-11-2015 at 03:46 PM..

Old 08-11-2015, 03:00 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,970,091 times
I'd bet 1000 to 1 that OJ did the crime. One can always find incongruities.

Det. Mark Thurmond threw the case when he pleaded the fifth. I think he had a history of planting false evidence.

Last edited by ColoGuy; 08-11-2015 at 03:30 PM..

Old 08-11-2015, 08:38 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,661,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
At the time of the Simpson trial, I was between "real" jobs, working as a part-time dispatcher for a taxicab / para-transit agency. Everyone in the office (which was all-Caucasian) believed Simpson to be guilty, except for three young women.

Those three held roles central to the functioning of the place, but all of them were unmarried single mothers; they insisted upon slowing up the entire operation for about half an hour on the morning the verdict was to be announced (so that they could watch, and presumably gloat), and got their way. When one or two male employees ridiculed their cackling over the verdict, it was those employees who were reprimanded.

All of which says something very unflattering about the supposed "emancipation" of women on the more-ragged edges of our economy -- and the power of myth when backed up by the manipulations of the media -- and the desires of the simple-minded, and what I'll call the "self-marginalized", to hear only what they want to hear.
Evidently a jury consultant informed Marcia Clark that a heavily female jury would NOT favor the prosecution...she ignored the advice...although a few of the jury were removed so it wasn't the original 12 chosen anyway...not sure why women are so tough on each other...very disheartening...

Old 08-11-2015, 09:29 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,419,751 times
I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until we found out the bloody shoe print was made by an expensive Bruno Mali shoe in OJ's shoe size. Anyone else would have worn athletic shoes. Then later on a photo emerged of OJ wearing the exact Bruno Mali shoes that left the shoe print.

Old 08-11-2015, 09:41 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,203,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
After her death; impression was involvement with Ron Goldman. According to to Faye Resnick, OJ's football player / friend Marcus Allen. Allen denied the allegations, saying Resnicks book was garbage. Many of the details came out in civil suit.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/...oks/lebj03.htm
Resnik cashed in on her friendship with a murder victim to write a salacious book. Goldman's father and sister have said Ron was not involved with Nicole. I'll take their word over her's.

Old 08-12-2015, 07:15 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,574,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Resnik cashed in on her friendship with a murder victim to write a salacious book. Goldman's father and sister have said Ron was not involved with Nicole. I'll take their word over her's.
Perhaps you misread my post .....I didn't disagree....

Resnick never said Ron and Nicole were involved, she said OJs football friend, Marcus Allen.

Post#330
After her death; impression was involvement with Ron Goldman. According to to Faye Resnick, OJ's football player / friend Marcus Allen. Allen denied the allegations, saying Resnicks book was garbage. Many of the details came out in civil suit.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/...oks/lebj03.htm

Last edited by virgode; 08-12-2015 at 07:23 AM..

Old 08-12-2015, 07:38 AM

26,753 posts, read 26,850,772 times
It's now been 21 years in June since this crime occurred. "Years after O.J. Simpson was acquitted of the murders, questions remain about what happened....and how an apparently strong case with 'a mountain of DNA evidence' failed result in a conviction."

Ron Goldman's dad: 20 years after O.J. Simpson saga, grief 'is like yesterday' - TODAY.com

Old 08-12-2015, 08:44 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,570,526 times
I have an oil well I will sell you, sight unseen, if you believe that sucker was innocent. Guilty guilty, guilty.

Old 08-12-2015, 10:16 AM

774 posts, read 746,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
It's now been 21 years in June since this crime occurred. "Years after O.J. Simpson was acquitted of the murders, questions remain about what happened....and how an apparently strong case with 'a mountain of DNA evidence' failed result in a conviction."

Ron Goldman's dad: 20 years after O.J. Simpson saga, grief 'is like yesterday' - TODAY.com
The picture of Ron Goldman's sister Kim at the moment the verdict was read is heartbreaking. To me it tells the entire story. There's a special place in hell for people like OJ Simpson but that's no consolation for the people devastated by the loss. I think it's amazing that Ron's father or Nicole's sister didn't try to blow OJ's brains out.

Last edited by sspistol; 08-12-2015 at 11:18 AM..

Old 08-12-2015, 11:39 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,667,664 times
A study in how the human juror psyche works. Or, doesn't work. Hehe. Even if the cops planted some of the "evidence," there was still mountains that would have convicted him. I think these over sensationalized trials are a nightmare for the prosecution. They have to almost walk on water to get a conviction versus their "norm" to convict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.