Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 04:57 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times

Advertisements

I’d like to meet the person who contaminated bottles of Tylenol, back in the day. How nefariously clever. But to what purpose? This person was never caught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2020, 01:54 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
That's odd. She didn't commit a series of murders.
She did a spree killing. Like a family annihilator.

Old 10-31-2020, 01:59 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Andrea Yates.
Technically by definition she is a serial killer.
Often though felt her story hit a nerve as a mother.
Respectfully she is not a specimen in a lab to be examined or treated as a project.
So interviewing her would have to be on a level of regard .
She's a spree killer. She's about as much a specimen as any other spree killer.

I would like to have met Adam Lanza a number of years before he committed the Sandy Hook shootings. I have a son with much the same diagnosis as he.

Old 10-31-2020, 11:21 AM

5,712 posts, read 4,289,046 times
I'd like to meet the one who is about to kill me, jaywalking in front of me on an unlit street.

Old 10-31-2020, 08:44 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
I tried, but couldn't think of one serial killer I would like to meet.

The thought of meeting one gives me no thrill at all, and I'm not curious about their motivations.

They appear to have the same motivations non-serial killers have: mostly sex and/or money. If a person meets one, all they're doing is exposing themself to an opportunist who knows how to really use any opportunity to his advantage.

Old 11-02-2020, 02:05 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I tried, but couldn't think of one serial killer I would like to meet.

The thought of meeting one gives me no thrill at all, and I'm not curious about their motivations.

They appear to have the same motivations non-serial killers have: mostly sex and/or money. If a person meets one, all they're doing is exposing themself to an opportunist who knows how to really use any opportunity to his advantage.
They don’t sound like appealing people, do they? Even if you could engage them in conversation, what would possibly learn that you need to know?

Old 11-02-2020, 06:13 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
They don’t sound like appealing people, do they? Even if you could engage them in conversation, what would possibly learn that you need to know?
No. They do not sound appealing to me at all.
You're right; what is there to learn from any of them? A serial murderer is like a singular murderer; the only difference is one stops killing and the other doesn't.

I think there is much more to be learned from the ones who kill only once, then get away with it until DNA tracks them down.
Most of them are going to be similar, as I believe most murders are opportunistic, but there will be someone who planned out the crime in some original way, I'm sure.

Old 11-02-2020, 07:47 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,020,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
They should all meet (and stay) in a rat-filled, crap-filled dungeon and talk to EACH OTHER.
Like to hear that conversation

Old 11-05-2020, 09:11 PM

223 posts, read 153,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
For many of them you'll learn they will talk and engage with you in a normal way. You may not even realize you're talking to a serial killer. In prison, a good majority of them walk amongst GP and go to work like the other inmates do.

Old 11-12-2020, 09:23 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,243,693 times
Default Felt the evil

I was doing some book work for a client at her home. Usually, I went to the place of business.
It was Sunday. I was there all day. The woman - her name was Mary - had a nice German Shepherd.

He came and sat by my feet. Sweet dog.

Around 6 PM, she told me a friend was coming by and I wanted to leave by 7:30 PM as it would get dark.

In comes this guy and the room just felt cold. I can't explain it. She introduced him to me and I couldn't wait to get out of there. All of a sudden, it felt wrong being there and the poor dog whimpered.

Chris Wilder. His crimes took place 2 years later. Look him up.

(Quit the job shortly after; never went to her home again)

After the crimes happened, it scared the **** out of me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime