Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 09:58 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,639,128 times

Advertisements

Witnesses call Dominick's injuries "the worst" they've ever seen - ABC 12

Is anyone else following this trial ? I have been waiting for over a year for justice to be served. This is a terrible crime. There is a Facebook page for Dominick. The "mother" is supposed to testify against her boyfriend, Brandon Hayes, sometime this week. She is in prison and has given up her parental rights to her older son that witnessed the four days of torture, abuse and murder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcMCEMTGCHI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 08:24 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,771,688 times
Oh, you bet I am; I work just a few miles away from the scene of the crime. A colleague told me that the mother's family and the accused's family got into a drunken fistfight in the parking lot outside the funeral home. Gracious living...

I was impressed that they had to go all the way to Port Huron to find an unbiased jury.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:39 AM

Cliffie, what was the accused's family doing at the funeral home ? Actually, the mothers family as well.....

I read from one of the tweet's that the accused was staring the courtroom down...I do not understand how he can sit there and not be overwhelmed with guilt....4 days he beat that child and Dominick begging his mother to make him stop.....

Its too much to bear.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:59 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,818,936 times
That video brought tears to my eyes. I remember this story. So hard to imagine anyone wanting to hurt a little child.

It's awful. Maddeningly so.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:02 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,771,688 times
It's a big extended-family arrangement, I gather; everyone was very attached to Dominic, and Brandon's family showed up to support Corinne's, even if they did show up drunk. Hey, Corinne's family was drunk, too.

The paper on the table in the breakroom today says Hayes is now trying to blame the death on Corinne, the mother. This is after he wrote a letter of apology to her and her family, but it would not shock me to find she was more actively involved than she lets on, honestly.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:09 AM

I don't think she was actively involved and I don't know why. She was just concerned with making herself look good. Yeah, he did beat her pretty badly but, oh well.....I did make the mistake of watching her interview after she was released from jail, immediately after Dominick died. What a load of crap and not taking responsibility. Then I watched all of those people during a hearing, that were in that apt. during that time and did nothing......all of this is on YouTube. If Hayes gets lesser than LWOP, I think his G-pa Calhoun will organize a takeover....
Hayes is a bottom feeder. Tyler, the older brother, in his original testimony, said that Hayes started beating on him and Dominick, right off, contrary to Corinne's interview statement. She stayed for the drugs.....she got what she deserved.

I truly believed the Calhouns really wanted Tyler and he should have been allowed to go there after Dominick died. I think he will go back to them someday. JMO and I may not know the whole story.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:00 PM

Brother testifies it was Hayes who beat Dominick Calhoun | Livingston Daily | livingstondaily.com (http://www.livingstondaily.com/article/20120111/NEWS06/120111004?fb_ref=artrectop&fb_source=timeline - broken link)

Old 01-11-2012, 12:34 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,387,598 times
Heinous! What is with people like that?

Old 01-11-2012, 02:27 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,830,384 times
I have not watched any news on this and honestly, I cannot. Horrible. Does remind me of the Lisa Steinberg case - she was I think, 4 or 5 when she died because of abuse and assault and other horrors. Just from reading the snipets above, all are accountable, in my opinion and all should be held responsible and pay the consequences.

I simply do not, cannot, nor will not ever understand the depths of such cruelty and depravation in a person. Never.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:06 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,974,480 times
I know Corrine was serving time for drug dealing but did they charge her with the murder of Dominick too? Who has custody of the brother, Ryan? Corrine's sister needs to be prosecuted too.

I hope this pond scum gets the max sentence ... I had to stay away from this case thinking of the pain, torture and horror that little boy endured before he died. Little children cannot do one thing to protect themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime