Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 04:31 AM

1,289 posts, read 3,035,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I think the licensing of doctors is up to the state. A doctor has to pass a test given to him in each state. Some states seem to collect more doctors who have questionable practices and backgrounds than others. If you notice, there seem to be a lot of medical scandals in Florida.

Florida and Texas are the states which will not grab your house to pay for your crimes if you are caught, so a lot of people of dubious practices that have money sink a small fortune into their houses there.
I know about Texas all too well. ALL TOO WELL.

I was literally killed by a doctor (nicked an artery) and then brought back to life by the trauma team at a local hospital here in Texas. When I inquired about suing the lawyers all told me they no longer take malpractice cases because they can't get anything here in Texas. It doesn't matter what I went through according to everyone and other doctors cover for each other here too.

Don't have surgery in Texas unless you are dying and know the credentials of the hospital and doctors VERY well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 09:37 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
I heard on HLN tonite, Conrad Murray had his attorney contact Katherine Jackson extending an invitation for her to visit him in prison.

No apology was offered for her sons death...perhaps its something he'll do in a face to face meeting.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:06 PM

1,289 posts, read 3,035,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I heard on HLN tonite, Conrad Murray had his attorney contact Katherine Jackson extending an invitation for her to visit him in prison.

No apology was offered for her sons death...perhaps its something he'll do in a face to face meeting.
It would be interesting to know what he wants to say to her. It would be good for at least an explanation and/or apology, although that won't bring her son back.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:06 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
He was just released, after serving two years. Unbelievable.
Michael Jackson doctor Conrad Murray released from jail - latimes.com

Old 10-28-2013, 10:17 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,810,783 times
I wonder why some people serve less time for crimes that result in the death of someone than others whose crime do not.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:52 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Conrad Murray completes jail time for killing Michael Jackson - CNN.com

Yes, released, and working on getting his medical license re instated!? Great. Not.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:38 PM

335 posts, read 503,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Conrad Murray completes jail time for killing Michael Jackson - CNN.com

Yes, released, and working on getting his medical license re instated!? Great. Not.
Dr. Murray's record was unblemished until he was manipulated by the freaky drug addict, Michael Jackson. Jackson knew that Murray was in deep financial trouble so he dangled the money in front of the Dr's nose. At that point, nobody else would give Jackson propofol. He had been manipulating doctors for years. After the nurse, Cherilyn Finn, turned him down he went after the vulnerable Dr Murray. Of course Dr. Murray was wrong - but he served his time and now deserves a chance to get his life back.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:56 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumshoe Lady View Post
Dr. Murray's record was unblemished until he was manipulated by the freaky drug addict, Michael Jackson.
I guess it takes a lot for otherwise unethical behavior to affect a doctor's medical records. From another thread on this trial:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
"Murray did his cardiology training in southern California. He wound up in Las Vegas, where he eventually became friends with Jackson, after treating one of his children. All the while, the married Murray was living it up. The subject of several paternity suits, he met his latest girlfriend at a strip club, giving her a check for $3,500 that first night and taking her on numerous trips to Carnival in Trinidad, the New York Times reported. 'I've hit the jackpot,' she told a friend, according to the newspaper. By the time Jackson hired him, Murray was in serious financial trouble. In all, he owed more than $780,000, including $600,000 in court judgments for unpaid rent on office space and medical equipment in Nevada and Houston, $100,000 on the mortgage on his Vegas home and $70,000 for outstanding loans he took out at Meharry. He also owed thousands in child support. Despite it all, Murray's medical record is still unblemished by any disciplinary action by a licensing body." Jackson doc's life a study in triumph, tragedy - Houston Chronicle

Old 10-29-2013, 04:08 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I would not want him in charge of my medical care. Allow him to do some Social Security disability reviews. That is it. He has no ethics. And MJ heart stopped, this heart surgeon did not even know CPR!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime