Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 07:54 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times

Advertisements

This in NC again (my state).....and coming on the heels of the murder and dismemberment of 11 yr old Zahra Baker.......by step-mom.

4 yr. old boy beaten to death by mom's boyfriend.

TELL ME: is it lack of education, a history of mental illness, anger deeply hidden? Jealousy of the child??

What are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 09:56 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,815,139 times
Kill the boyfriend....throw momma in jail if applicable.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:13 PM

3,131 posts, read 9,376,647 times
It's a common occurrence and often by the mom's boyfriend.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:07 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,162,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
This in NC again (my state).....and coming on the heels of the murder and dismemberment of 11 yr old Zahra Baker.......by step-mom.

4 yr. old boy beaten to death by mom's boyfriend.

TELL ME: is it lack of education, a history of mental illness, anger deeply hidden? Jealousy of the child??

What are your thoughts?
Link?

Old 04-22-2011, 06:39 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,162,988 times
NC Man Charged With Killing Girlfriend's 4-Year-Old - Local News - Winston-Salem, NC - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42684963/ns/local_news-winston-salem_nc/ - broken link)

Aha.
I have nothing to offer...except I bet both "mother" and boyfriend came from impoverished (emotionally, financially) backgrounds. This sort of thing is often generational.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:59 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
You know, in the animal kingdom, this is common. A new pride male will kill the young of the previous pride male, or the young males will be run off. Females can stay, but the new male will usually mate with them.

Does this sound like what we hear in the news? BF or step dad molests girls in home, or beats young boys in home.

And yet, there are so many great step parents, they should not be lumped in with the bad ones.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:11 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Another horrible child murder. You want my thoughts? First how young was the mother? If the BF was only 24, what was mom? Read the article. They lived in a trailer so they are not rich.
A disproportionate number of child beating that result in death are committed by people who are not well off and not well educated.
I have ideas, but I know that no one would like them, I think if people obtained an education, and some maturity before having children, and married before having kids that less of this would go on. Could it be enforced? Absolutely.
My guess is that the mother had the boy out of wedlock in her teens.
Teenagers make lousy parents. Young males get jealous and have hair trigger tempers.
Zahara Bakers step-mother was not young, but she was crazy on so many levels.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:18 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,310,746 times
Quote:
Another horrible child murder. You want my thoughts? First how young was the mother? If the BF was only 24, what was mom? Read the article. They lived in a trailer so they are not rich.
A disproportionate number of child beating that result in death are committed by people who are not well off and not well educated.
I have ideas, but I know that no one would like them, I think if people obtained an education, and some maturity before having children, and married before having kids that less of this would go on. Could it be enforced? Absolutely.
My guess is that the mother had the boy out of wedlock in her teens.
Teenagers make lousy parents. Young males get jealous and have hair trigger tempers.
Zahara Bakers step-mother was not young, but she was crazy on so many levels.
I pretty much agree with you Sheena, but society isn't willing to take the kind of radical steps necessary to prevent this kind of abuse from occurring.

You even suggest that teenagers don't make good parents and a bunch of people will go ballistic. Never mind that its virtually impossible to support a kid on the kind of wages that young, unskilled people earn. Never mind, that this world is getting harder and harder for unskilled people to live in and that children suffer the most in these situations. What I will hear instead is a story from someone who was a teen mom thirty years ago and somehow managed and they think that kids today can do the same thing. Maybe they will throw the old cliche' about "not judging people" because the Bible says we shouldn't.

Instead, we'll hear more and more of these stories as time goes on. Its also likely we'll never hear any deeper of a solution than imposing the death penalty or life imprisonment on the perpetrator. And, the problem will continue (probably getting worse) long after we are dead.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:50 AM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
I know mark1359. It's not a matter of "judgment",it's a matter of fact.But that is the reaction that I get from both the left and the right.So generally I keep this opinion to myself.
However, statistics do not lie.
And many of the same people who would be aghast at this commonsensical remedy are huge law and order advocates and scream for the death penalty every time this happens.
I understand their horror but it will continue to happen until we initiate radical change.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:21 AM

1,160 posts, read 4,246,172 times
Drugs did this one. I saw the mugshots of the two adults taken in, they were wiped out. But I also think SOMEthing is wrong with the real parent to the child, to not protect their own is twisted. Family life is not what it used to be, both parents work or both are drunk, someone else or no one is watching the children, attitudes are messed up due to immaturity or raising. We live in a desperate time, too much hate going around and not enough love. The devil knows his time is short.

We all want to take that little boy home with us and care for him. The situation is complex. But on this Easter Day two millenium ago, Jesus rose to show us He was Spirit, and if His words went through thousands of years and still speak to us today, which He said to love one another, then we can also say those words and live them, as He did, and perhaps one day, one day soon, our world will be safe.

Become a social worker, volunteer, become a guardian ad litem, feed the poor, visit prisons and hospitals, speak up when people around you have gone nuts and are yelling at their kids 24/7, the list goes on. Me, I'm disabled, so I am just gonna love every little living being that comes my way with all my heart, and these kinda stories inspire me to keep it up, keep it up, keep on loving no matter what, because good WILL overcome evil, and love will eventually win over all our broken hearts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime