Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2010, 11:56 PM

24,165 posts, read 32,845,743 times

Advertisements

I am visiting PA and I heard this awful news this evening. Had a feeling it might not make national headlines so I did a bit of background research and here is what I came up with.
On June 8th 2005, Jermyn PA resident Wandaly Perez-Hood called 911 to report an accident. She told them that Isaiah age 3 had fallen and was unconscious. He died. Autopsy results showed that he died of blunt force trauma to the head. Her daughter now age nine, testified that it was no accident. Her biological mother hit little Isiah in the head 8 times because he wet his diaper. What a horrible thing for a 3 year old baby to do...
Perez-Hood later changed her story and said that her own daughter, then 6 may have beaten the little boy to death. Nice mom.
The prosecution was seeking the death penalty, but she was given life in prison without parole.
This monster pleaded for her life saying that she wanted to live so that she could "see her own children grow up"! What nerve!
She maintains her innocence so if we were to believe Perez-Jones either her little 6 year old daughter - one of the ones she wants to see grow up, killed little Isiah or the child beat himself over the head to death. And somehow Perez-Jones noticed nothing was wrong in her small apartment.
How can someone lie so brazenly? I also feel very sorry for the daughter now nine, who witnessed this act of violence and had such a poor excuse for a mother - one who would blame her own daughter to save herself!
She is a strong and honest girl to speak the truth!
It is my hope that this child is not living with relatives.
They were out in full force during the trial singing the praises of this woman as a good mother - as well as pleading for her life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 02:49 AM

16,074 posts, read 28,710,551 times
Not everyone will agree with me on this...I hope the prosecutor let the child tell her story to a jury with the mother and the family sitting right there. It would be theraputic after witnessing your mother beat a 3yr old to death to then have her reverse the story and be blamed for a murder.

Just when you think you've heard it all.... another low form of human being makes your jaw drop.

If the court decided to place that child in a family members home, who ever made the decision wasn't in their right mind....they should put them a cell along with the mother.

Last edited by virgode; 08-21-2010 at 02:58 AM..

Old 08-22-2010, 09:50 AM

24,165 posts, read 32,845,743 times
I agree with you completely! I do not know where the child was or will be placed, but with the strong family support received by this murderer, it would be idiotic to think that she would be treated well and loved after bringing testimony against her mother!

That will be handled surely by family court - which always seems to favor the integrity of the biological family - even when common sense would dictate otherwise.

That little girl needs therapy and a family who does not tolerate lies, denial and abuse as a way of life. All three seem to be O.K with these people.
And sorry, blood relations or not, that is NOT OK with me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime