Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 01:56 PM

2,015 posts, read 3,382,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
People who hang around the bathroom area.
Why? People like to stand and uncramp their legs, or they are tired of sitting. Where else is there to stand?

I always choose my seat online and always an aisle. If possible I pick the row with only 2 seats for hub and I. He likes the window, I like the aisle so I can get up whenever I feel like it.

Once when I flew alone I had booked the aisle as usual and there were 2 seats in the row. The lady who came to sit next to me offered me her window seat and seemed to expect me to be thrilled to accept it. I told her no, I like to sit on the aisle. She said she did to and when she checked in was not asked if she wanted window or aisle. Like that's my fault? She was annoyed at me for not giving her my aisle seat. Eejit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 02:08 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,479,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim04 View Post
For all the people that complain about children and the lack of "control" the parents have over them, odds are you were just as annoying and your parents just as lax in "controlling" you when you were a child.
And your point is . . . ? So what if we were, so what if they were?!

If I'm sitting on a 4+ hour-long flight and am in serious pain and discomfort because the kid behind me insists on kicking the back of the chair every 5 mins and the parents won't do anything and the flight attendants won't let me change seats, I think I'm perfectly entitled to be PO'd and upset! If you choose to take a child on a long-haul flight then you should make sure you and your child don't make life absolute hell for everyone else sitting around you. It's called Consideration for Others.

And that goes for everyone else on the plane, with or without child.

Old 02-04-2010, 02:50 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,329,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
People who hang around the bathroom area.
These people usually wait for their turn...

Old 02-05-2010, 12:31 AM

664 posts, read 1,947,721 times
I am just happy if there is no bad turbulance and the plane lands safe. That being said, they make some great "quiet" headphones now a days where you can't hear a thing when they are on and an ativan or valium works well too!

Old 02-05-2010, 07:51 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,916,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
It's uncomfortable to sit very upright the whole flight. Do you recline your seat? I ask the person behind me if I can recline. If they give me an awful look, I don't do it.
I generally do not recline my seat out of courtesy for those behind me, but I like your approach.
I don't think it's uncomfortable to sit upright, it simply uncomfortable to sit in the same position, thus the seat recline offers some temporary relief, but so will shifting your position, slumping down more, laying against the bulkhead, etc.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:16 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,842,813 times
The only way I would fly anymore is if I were the only passenger on the plane, or if I was in a body bag.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:19 AM

121 posts, read 248,730 times
I hate it when I board the plane and someone is in my seat. One guy had the nerve to tell me to pick another seat, there are plenty of empty seats.

I leaned over and told him to get the **** out of my seat.

He moved and looked at me as if I were the douche.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:18 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,916,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
The only way I would fly anymore is if I were the only passenger on the plane, or if I was in a body bag.
If your name, "Fat Freddy", is indicative of your physical dimensions, then I thank you for not flying anymore.

Add to my pet peeves: sitting next to fat people.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:30 AM

111 posts, read 435,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Why is that if you don't mind me asking?

Old 02-08-2010, 10:32 AM

111 posts, read 435,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintTaris View Post
I hate it when I board the plane and someone is in my seat. One guy had the nerve to tell me to pick another seat, there are plenty of empty seats.

I leaned over and told him to get the **** out of my seat.

He moved and looked at me as if I were the douche.
I had that happen once and I stood there as much out of the aisle as possible double-checking my boarding pass and the seat i was looking at to make sure that I was actually at the right seat. After it was determined that I was, I ask him politely and he got up and went to another seat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel