Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 09:35 AM

1,492 posts, read 7,743,807 times

Advertisements

Those sitting in the middle seats SHOULD get dibbs on the arm rests! Afterall, they are crammed in!

Put the ONION sandwichs away!

Don't take up the overhead bin by putting your luggage long-ways, placing your jacket beside it and then closing the door. Hogger!

Cell phone talkers..... do you need to feel important? Your mom didn't hold you enough when you were a baby?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 09:51 AM

600 posts, read 1,615,683 times
1. Crying babies
2. People, who can't accept the fact, that the overhead bin is FULL (I actually had a guy REMOVE my bag once and put it a couple on bins down the isle! , just so he can put his in. Without telling anyone! I couldn't believe my eyes!).
3. Chatty neighbors (what does it matter where I'm from and I'm trying to watch a movie/sleep)
4. People in front of me practically laying in the lap
5. People asking to switch seats because of the child issue. I didn't ask you to bring your child on the plane, and since you did - you need to deal with the consequences. I have nothing to do with it.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:39 PM

2,987 posts, read 5,285,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetheart1311 View Post
5. People asking to switch seats because of the child issue. I didn't ask you to bring your child on the plane, and since you did - you need to deal with the consequences. I have nothing to do with it.
Really? What is the big problem here? Is the seat you are in really THAT special that you couldn't change to a similar one? This isn't just for children, but people in general. I have offered to switch seats for people that I saw were separated and I was flying alone...although I do feel good when I help others in small ways.

I get it if you are asked to take a middle seat, but otherwise I don't get the issue here...

Old 02-02-2010, 12:58 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,539,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
Really? What is the big problem here? Is the seat you are in really THAT special that you couldn't change to a similar one? This isn't just for children, but people in general. I have offered to switch seats for people that I saw were separated and I was flying alone...although I do feel good when I help others in small ways.

I get it if you are asked to take a middle seat, but otherwise I don't get the issue here...
Re the middle seat question: here's an odd experience I once had. It was one of those airlines where you had to wait to get your seat assignment when you checked in. I wanted a window or aisle but was told I could only have a middle. Oh well never mind, thinks I, it's just a couple of hours. So I sit myself down and a couple of minutes later this nice young couple stops at my row and asks if I'd mind moving so they can sit together. No problem, I scootch along to the window seat, they plonk themslves down and then ask me if I'd specially requested the middle . Hell no! says I. And apparently when they checked in they were told only the window and aisle seats were available in that row, so obviously one of us had been told a big whopper just so the airline could fill some seats .

Old 02-02-2010, 01:16 PM

3,665 posts, read 8,710,243 times
People who hang around the bathroom area.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:28 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,794,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I think anyone under 12 should have to be sedated before flying.

I also don't like the reclined seat thing. The last time I flew, the woman in front of me threw her seat back as far as it would go as soon as she possibly could and didn't budge the entire time. I had her seat in my face for 4.5 hours.

And to top it off, that same seat-reclining lady brought a tuna fish sandwich to eat during the flight. GROSS. Tuna smells bad enough on it's own but she also had onions or something really pungent on it.
We flew to Vegas and a woman brought onto the flight broccoli and chicken OMG talk about a bad smell for hours and she kept opening the container throughout the flight.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:08 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,255,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinksquid View Post
Kids sitting behind me who kick my seat/yell the entire time.

/stab
Adults sitting behind me who kick my seat/yell the entire time....

In general, the ass who seems to believe the world revolves around him, that they are the only ones uncomfortable, put out, etc.

We all recognize that person. If you don't, it's you.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:36 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,206,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
-Recling seats in coach with someone behind you (you do that to me and I have evil ways to retaliate)
It's uncomfortable to sit very upright the whole flight. Do you recline your seat? I ask the person behind me if I can recline. If they give me an awful look, I don't do it.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:34 PM

1,624 posts, read 4,890,999 times
For all the people that complain about children and the lack of "control" the parents have over them, odds are you were just as annoying and your parents just as lax in "controlling" you when you were a child.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:41 PM

600 posts, read 1,615,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post

I had a child sitting next to me once on an 10 hour overnight flight. I have a window seat 80 % of the time, because I lean on the window and sleep. This child asked if I 'want' to switch seats with him LOL so he can look out the window. I said no, sorry LOL. I need that seat to sleep. He wanted to look out the window - but considering it was an overnight flight, it was dark outside anyway. I did let him sit by the window when we took off and landed, but that's the most I was willing to do Child or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel