Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2021, 09:01 AM

2,676 posts, read 1,265,121 times

Advertisements

I'm planning a trip soon and trying to assemble the various documents.

If anyone has gone really recently or is planning to go, please use this thread to compare notes and advice.

Here are 2 starting documents to review

https://yadlolim.org/corona-update/

https://aliyajourney.com/pages/covid-travel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2021, 06:08 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
My brother traveled to Israel in May. He had proof of vaccination (which nobody looked at as it was done outside of Israel) and did COVID19 test before he left the USA. He had to do another COVID19 test upon arrival and was quarantined until the results of serological blood test (done at Tel Hashomer hospital) showed that he had COVID19 antibodies. He was given an electronic certificate saying he had recovered from COVID19 on the date of serological blood test (which wasn't accurate as the antibodies were due to full vaccination and having had a mild case of COVID19 the prior year).

As you might know Israelis are now being asked to a 3rd vaccine. So be considered fully vaccinated in Israel one needs to have had a vaccine or recovered from COVID19 during the last 6 months.

The rules keep changing. So I suggest anyone planning on travel to Israel to check for information via their local Israeli consulate website within a couple of weeks before their trip.

Old 10-06-2021, 08:06 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
If you haven't had your third shot then put any plans on hold of traveling there. If you don't have access to 72 hour (or less) testing expect entrance or even doing anything to not be a walk in the park. The rules are about to be changed again, so you'll need to keep up with it.

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/co...xt-week-681239

https://www.touristisrael.com/when-w...-resume/31963/

Old 10-07-2021, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
If you haven't had your third shot then put any plans on hold of traveling there. If you don't have access to 72 hour (or less) testing expect entrance or even doing anything to not be a walk in the park. The rules are about to be changed again, so you'll need to keep up with it.

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/co...xt-week-681239

https://www.touristisrael.com/when-w...-resume/31963/
Well for those who got J&J it would be a second booster shot (which isn't available yet). But in any case, Israel hasn't recognized so far people vaccinated outside the country. So Israelis vaccinated outside of Israel (because they live outside the country) have had to quarantine upon arrival and only have gotten released (from the quarantine) after getting a serological blood to prove they have COVID19 antibodies.

Old 10-07-2021, 06:37 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Well for those who got J&J it would be a second booster shot (which isn't available yet). But in any case, Israel hasn't recognized so far people vaccinated outside the country. So Israelis vaccinated outside of Israel (because they live outside the country) have had to quarantine upon arrival and only have gotten released (from the quarantine) after getting a serological blood to prove they have COVID19 antibodies.
Israel recognized my 2020 UAE vaccinations (and so has the US). I was already entering Israel when the flights ramped up between those two countries. Thus I have a Dubai card, a now expiring Green Pass from Israel and a CDC card that the US State Dept issued me. As I'm back in the US, I'm on three waiting lists to get the booster as I'm now US essential personnel but don't meet the minimum age group to get the booster. I just love Catch-22's.

Old 10-08-2021, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Israel recognized my 2020 UAE vaccinations (and so has the US). I was already entering Israel when the flights ramped up between those two countries. Thus I have a Dubai card, a now expiring Green Pass from Israel and a CDC card that the US State Dept issued me. As I'm back in the US, I'm on three waiting lists to get the booster as I'm now US essential personnel but don't meet the minimum age group to get the booster. I just love Catch-22's.
When my brother traveled (from the USA) to Israel in May, he did eventually get an Israeli Green Pass which I assume will expire after 6 months since he isn't in Israel (and not yet eligible for 3rd booster shot). I didn't realize that US essential personnel can be waitlisted for the 3rd booster but I assume the same will be true for a 2nd J&J booster when they become available (as I know someone in that category who just got a job in which he is considered a US essential worker but below the min. age limit and who want to travel to Israel in the near future).

Old 10-15-2021, 05:23 AM

So here's my update --

All the paperwork is ready for submission but I am still 35 days before my trip and I have heard rumors that sometimes, the Ishur is sent out really quickly and since the Ishur is for a 30 day window, i am reluctant to apply more than 30 days out.

I had 2 shots, but OVER 6 months ago so I'm worried that I won't get admitted based on that.

I don't qualify for a third shot in the US and the third Moderna booster isn't approved yet. Until Israel officially changes things, the third shot would only affect my quarantine, not my admission to the country, so if I apply now, I could get an Ishur granted based on 2 (unless I wouldn't because I'm beyond 6 months).

I can lie and get a third but that's not in my nature. I can wait, but that is also not in my nature. I can hope and right now, that's all I can do.

I haven't gotten an answer to the question of getting a Pfizer booster after my Mderna shots (not whether it will protect me, but whether it would qualify me for Israel vis-a-vis a third shot).

Old 10-15-2021, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
So here's my update --

All the paperwork is ready for submission but I am still 35 days before my trip and I have heard rumors that sometimes, the Ishur is sent out really quickly and since the Ishur is for a 30 day window, i am reluctant to apply more than 30 days out.

I had 2 shots, but OVER 6 months ago so I'm worried that I won't get admitted based on that.

I don't qualify for a third shot in the US and the third Moderna booster isn't approved yet. Until Israel officially changes things, the third shot would only affect my quarantine, not my admission to the country, so if I apply now, I could get an Ishur granted based on 2 (unless I wouldn't because I'm beyond 6 months).

I can lie and get a third but that's not in my nature. I can wait, but that is also not in my nature. I can hope and right now, that's all I can do.

I haven't gotten an answer to the question of getting a Pfizer booster after my Mderna shots (not whether it will protect me, but whether it would qualify me for Israel vis-a-vis a third shot).
IMHO having just 2 shots shouldn't be a problem for getting admission to travel to Israel at this time. But once one is in Israel you won't be able to get an Israeli "green pass" if it is more than 6 months since your second shot (as per my understanding) which would limit your access to certain public spaces.

Old 10-15-2021, 06:46 AM

1 posts, read 504 times
Are you planning to travel to Israel soon? Check out this YouTube video to see what to expect >> [url]https://uii.io/GNuVUSIn[/url]

Old 10-19-2021, 04:43 AM

So I'm still struggling to find somewhere to get a third shot. I hear that the US will allow third shots which aren't of the same course as the original two, so theoretically, I could get a Pfizer booster and not need a Moderna booster but I don't know if Israel would accept that as a third shot to reduce quarantine. I hope to upload my documents late this week and start worrying then...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel