Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2021, 07:46 AM

88,775 posts, read 85,174,600 times

Advertisements

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/new...Aa8--S60da-9CE

Tempted.

Old 06-18-2021, 08:00 AM

4,997 posts, read 3,341,004 times
Week of heatwave in EU. Heat map EU , see also comments.
https://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comm...y_you_alright/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2021, 10:44 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,611,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Tempted.

I’ve heard Paris is too touristy & hot in July & August AND the locals disappear......BUT sounds like a super amazing fall vacation. It’s on!

Old 06-18-2021, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I’ve heard Paris is too touristy & hot in July & August AND the locals disappear......BUT sounds like a super amazing fall vacation. It’s on!
I only went once, and it was November. It was fine. As a matter of fact, my profile picture is of me climbing the stairs at the Sainte-Chappelle. You can see I'm carrying my sweater/jacket. I was outdoors much of the time I was there doing walking tours and roaming around Montmartre at night.

Old 06-18-2021, 11:01 AM

Quote:
I only went once, and it was November. It was fine.

Yes...Ita, I’ve heard spring or fall is the best time because a lot of the locals leave in July & August...AND everything is full of tourists^^.

Thank you for the thread. This will be my 1st time in Paris...I’m super excited! We went to Italy for our..(surprise)...engagement trip in fall, 2019.

Old 06-18-2021, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Yes...Ita, I’ve heard spring or fall is the best time because a lot of the locals leave in July & August...AND everything is full of tourists^^.

Thank you for the thread. This will be my 1st time in Paris...I’m super excited! We went to Italy for our..(surprise)...engagement trip in fall, 2019.
You know, I never had any interest in seeing Paris. But my daughter had been living and working in China, and because of our schedules, I could not visit her there. When her time came to come home, she said she was going to bop around Europe for a month, and I said, "OK, I'll meet you there." She chose for us to go to Amsterdam, Paris, and London. I was meh about Paris, but when I got there, I was like, "Ohhhh, this is what people mean." It's hard to explain, but you know you're in Paris when you are in Paris. It's the light there, what it looks like, the whole vibe...I loved it. I hope to get back there.

Old 06-18-2021, 01:39 PM

Quote:
You know, I never had any interest in seeing Paris. It's hard to explain, but you know you're in Paris when you are in Paris.

I’ve wanted to go but we had been concentrating on our wedding & honeymoon so long...it’s been out of my mind until I saw it’s open. BUT now that we are married......it will make for a super romantic fall vacation. There’s so much to see!

Quote:
It's the light there, what it looks like, the whole vibe...I loved it. I hope to get back there.

I can imagine! I’m looking forward to the Louvre, Parc de Buttes Chaumont, walks along the Seine & seeing the Eiffel Tower. I’ve been studying hotels today......where did you stay?

Old 06-18-2021, 01:42 PM

11,168 posts, read 8,007,722 times
Come on down! It was in the mid 70’s in Paris today and partly cloudy. They’re expecting rain for the next 6 days.. so you might want to hold off for a week or so. Lol
In the South where we live.. it was 88 degrees and clear. ( We’re about 700km south of Paris).

Old 06-18-2021, 01:55 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,619,779 times
Quote:
You know, I never had any interest in seeing Paris. But my daughter had been living and working in China, and because of our schedules, I could not visit her there. When her time came to come home, she said she was going to bop around Europe for a month, and I said, "OK, I'll meet you there." She chose for us to go to Amsterdam, Paris, and London. I was meh about Paris, but when I got there, I was like, "Ohhhh, this is what people mean." It's hard to explain, but you know you're in Paris when you are in Paris. It's the light there, what it looks like, the whole vibe...I loved it. I hope to get back there.
As you probably know from past posts, that France is one of my favourite countries to visit.

I think I urged you to head south next time you are there. I think you would love Lyon, Avignon, Arles etc.

Old 06-18-2021, 02:38 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,887,461 times
I'm heading there next month. July is supposed to be crowded but without the Asian and British tourists it won't be as bad as a typical July.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel