Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 12:25 PM

1,943 posts, read 1,487,836 times

Advertisements

I loved Punta Cana. Usually when I go on vacation, I like to go explore and get a taste of the local culture. When we went to the DR, we only had 3 full days and just wanted a cheap, all-inclusive resort where we could drink a lot, hang out on the beach, and go on a boat trip. Punta Cana was perfect for that, at a fraction of the cost of what it would have been in Aruba.

If you want more of a place to go exploring and get a better feel for how people actually live, Aruba would be better.

Old 06-08-2018, 09:09 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,150,213 times
Aruba is better than the DR in so many positive ways. 300 sunnyrain free days a year, they speak English,you can get around on bus without any issues, and every night is date night.

DRs Punta Cana has to be the best all inclusive you can get for the money.if the choice is all inclusive and the ability to see the Dominican people and eat out if you choose, Bayahibe or Dominicus is where it's at.

Punta Cana is the equivalent of Miami. Over saturated with resorts.the beach at PC is way better though.

Old 06-09-2018, 12:17 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,027,450 times
How are the bugs/mosquitoes in Aruba? I hear it is a very windy place but I'm wondering how windy it is...I wonder if this affects mosquitoes as far as Zika...

Old 06-11-2018, 07:17 AM

453 posts, read 317,372 times
Punta cana is cheaper, with better hotels and better beaches. What else do you want?

Old 06-13-2018, 10:03 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,982,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
How are the bugs/mosquitoes in Aruba? I hear it is a very windy place but I'm wondering how windy it is...I wonder if this affects mosquitoes as far as Zika...
It was probably one of the windiest places I've ever been. DROVE ME CRAZY (although I loved the island!). I don't remember mosquitos biting me and they usually eat me up. Could be because of the wind or maybe because it's more desert-y than tropical.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:54 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,647,352 times
I've been to Aruba and we thought it was beautiful. Very consistent warm temperature pretty much year-round. The beaches are beautiful. The entire island is a desert and you can rent a Jeep to tour the island; on the side away from the tourist locations there are small caves to explore. I strongly recommend doing that.

We stayed at the Sonesta, which has its own island you take a little boat to to get to the beach. I might have preferred a resort right on the beach, but it was like five minutes to the beach and the boat comes right into the hotel to pick you up, so if you consider it any inconvenience at all it is minor.

Because the island is a desert all of the domestic water supply comes from a big desalination plant, which means that there are no concerns about water safety.

There's a good chance of finding people who speak English, although our observation was that many of the people who live there and think they speak English don't really speak it as well as they think.

Particularly if you're interested in a sort of sanitized, safe, relaxing environment, which we were, Aruba is a good choice.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:51 PM

1,261 posts, read 567,314 times
I booked Aruba for 1 week and will stay at Hotel Inn...
I paid $1200 per person flight + hotel. I hope water is included and not having to pay for it ��

Thanks everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel