Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 12:00 PM

10,445 posts, read 14,145,268 times

Advertisements

38 total.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2016, 04:12 AM

8 posts, read 15,134 times
I have to visit so many states yet. Till now, i have visited Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Mexico city. I have seen a lot during my visits and enjoyed various adventurous activities.

Old 03-04-2016, 01:57 PM

8,069 posts, read 7,025,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurltotx View Post
Not nearly enough! I would say four and lived in three others. Pretty sad now that I see it on paper... I mean the screen.

Alabama (to see grandparents at 11 yo)
California (moved here after one visit)
Nevada (it's only 4 hr drive)
Florida (Orlando)
Louisiana (New Orleans is my fav place)
Texas (boring Houston once, and Dallas my future new home)
Georgia (not sure it it counts since I moved there sight unseen)

Passed thru many states while driving to relocate or via a train trip.
All of those except Louisiana which I plan to visit this year plus:
Mississippi
New York

Old 03-04-2016, 07:27 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,463,627 times
50, and D.C. of course.

Old 03-10-2016, 03:06 AM

32 posts, read 18,739 times
Hi,

I have visited almost 14 states in USA.

These are New York, Arizona, California, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, New Mexico, Texas, Washington, South Carolina, Kanas, Indiana, Hawaii, Colorado and alaska.

Thanks & Regards

Mathavan K

Old 03-13-2016, 08:38 AM

21 posts, read 19,414 times

Old 03-13-2016, 06:26 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,433,202 times
I am not counting Wisconsin since I live there but here are the states that I have visited in the past:
1. Michigan
2. Minnesota
3. Illinois
4. Iowa (drove through)
5. Tennessee (drove through)
6. Ohio
7. Virginia (drove through)
8. West Virginia (drove through)
9. North Carolina
10. South Carolina (drove through)
11. Georgia
12. Florida
13. Texas
14. Colorado
15. Wyoming
16. California
17. Indiana
18. Missouri
19. South Dakota
20. Kentucky (drove through)
I've been to at least twenty states if driving through counts.
I'd like to go to Washington D.C. some point and, by the way, it is not a state. And I've been to more states than my dad has. Some of those states we've driven through such as Ohio where I've seen Paul Brown Stadium and Great American Ballpark. We also drove threw Iowa when we went to Missouri.
We go to the UP of Michigan almost every Sunday for church. We even walked across the Macinack Bridge on Labor Day of 2012 two years before we even started going up to Kingsford, Michigan for church. We were at a church for a wedding reception around the Chicago area in Illinois. We went to Mall of America in Minneapolis. We were at Florida seven years ago and we will be there again for Easter break. I have stayed overnight in Georgia at a relative's house. We ate at a restaurant in Cincinnati, I think was an Arby's restaurant. We even visted the NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte, North Carolina. I even saw Bank of America Stadium. We stayed overnight in Missouri with another relative. I was at California when I was an infant at my mom's side of the family, I believe at her older sister's place, I was at Texas at my mom's brother's place, we were at Colorado at my mom's youngest sister's place, and Wyoming at my dad's parents ex-house. I've had some traveling experience and I don't get travel opportunities like this very often. We were at Mount Rushmore in South Dakota once and I don't remember the experience and I'm sure we have a picture. I'd also like to visit Pennsylvania one day as well as Maryland and some of the New England states such as Connecticut, New York, and Massachusetts. And I've seen a few mentions of Canadian provinces, I'd like to go to Ontario if I get a passport. For other American states I'd like to visit, I'd like to visit Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Louisiana, and Arkansas as well as Oklahoma.

Last edited by Jonathan Ashbeck; 03-13-2016 at 07:01 PM..

Old 03-13-2016, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
I lOVE the state of Baltimore!
Do you mean the CITY of Baltimore or the state of Maryland? I'm confused.

Old 03-13-2016, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybob63 View Post
I made all 50 states by the age of twelve because my dad's work took us all over the world... Plus we traveled by car for family vacations..

I am 45 now... Since being an adult I have made all of them again except Alaska and Hawaii....

Several times, when I was single, I traveled the country by motorcycle with a buddy or by myself. One year I rode from Florida to Wyoming and over to Connecticut and down the east coast...Next year I rode from Florida to California...Made a few shorter trips like Florida to Tennessee/Carolina's...Florida to northern Alabama and etc.

I married a woman who loves to travel and in the six years we have been married we made a few trips to Maine/Northeast US, Pacific Northwest/Canada, Arizona/Colorado/Utah....

Great memories....I am fortunate to have a job that allows me to take a month or so off to travel every year....

My wife is from Thailand and we get to go their every other year.....Great place to go. Anyone interested in travel tips to Thailand let me know by private message and we'll talk..

Happy Trails...

Great memories...
Very similar with my family. We travel by pickup truck when we go to family vacations. We can't afford tickets to fly airplanes.

Old 03-13-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
District of Columbia is not a state, and I ain't too sure about Louisiana neither.
Ghengis, Louisiana is a state. It's part of the 50 states. The reason why DC isn't because Washington is a national capital. Therefore DC is a providence.

Last edited by Jonathan Ashbeck; 03-13-2016 at 06:58 PM.. Reason: Word error changed from starts to states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel