Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 03:27 PM

20,633 posts, read 24,046,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I would have point blank asked her what the hell her problem was. Seriously, people like that need to be put off airplanes. She had no reason to fume. Maybe she needed another cheeseburger.
I just shut up for fear of being kicked off but I was certainly angry the other day when a seat which reclined in my face while I tried to watch a movie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 03:39 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,411,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Every time we flew on United this summer there was a fuss about seating. It seems people on that airline can't seem to stick to their chosen seats.

I also had an extremely rude Indian on my way upto EWR who reclined his seat right onto my face and sat there for two hours despite me and my mum making loud comments about how rude it was... I could not watch my tv as it was bent down. I don't understand why people do this, especially on a short flight I just find it incredibly rude!! Of course when we landed and he got up I gave him an evil stare.. Oddly he just stared back as if he didn't do anything.

Idk maybe its just an American thing. Americans are very loud and don't seem to care about anyone else. The same thing happened on the way to America when two old ladies just flicked their seats back.. Here in the UK we rarely see reclined seats.

What does his ethnicity have to do with anything?

I'm sure your "evil stare" really showed that you are a force to be reckoned with: a grown man who needs his mommy to "make loud comments" about someone reclining their recline-able seat on an airplane.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:40 PM

20,633 posts, read 24,046,361 times
I'm 18.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:43 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,411,245 times
Like I said, a grown man who needs his mommy to protect him from the world of....people reclining on airplanes.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:48 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,374,057 times
Quote:
I'm 18.
I always thought you were around 13...

Old 07-30-2014, 06:16 PM

1,310 posts, read 1,377,524 times
Quote:
Every time we flew on United this summer there was a fuss about seating. It seems people on that airline can't seem to stick to their chosen seats.

I also had an extremely rude Indian on my way upto EWR who reclined his seat right onto my face and sat there for two hours despite me and my mum making loud comments about how rude it was... I could not watch my tv as it was bent down. I don't understand why people do this, especially on a short flight I just find it incredibly rude!! Of course when we landed and he got up I gave him an evil stare.. Oddly he just stared back as if he didn't do anything.

Idk maybe its just an American thing. Americans are very loud and don't seem to care about anyone else. The same thing happened on the way to America when two old ladies just flicked their seats back.. Here in the UK we rarely see reclined seats.
Instead of stewing about it or doing your death glare, why didn't you just ask him to move his seat up? If he said no, then I could see a problem, but you never gave him the chance to fix the situation.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:45 AM

3,487 posts, read 9,486,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmom66 View Post
Instead of stewing about it or doing your death glare, why didn't you just ask him to move his seat up? If he said no, then I could see a problem, but you never gave him the chance to fix the situation.
For future reference Mac15, what I quoted above is the adult way to handle such situations. You don't need your passive aggressive mother making loud comments on your behalf.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmom66 View Post
I don't see the problem to begin with. I've sat in economy with the person in front of me with their seat reclined, and been able to work on my laptop or view a movie. The people who can't are generally those with giant guts that can't put the tray table closer to themselves.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
For future reference Mac15, what I quoted above is the adult way to handle such situations. You don't need your passive aggressive mother making loud comments on your behalf.
Like I said, I always thought he was 13.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:31 AM

556 posts, read 953,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
I would go so far as to say that loudly making comments about a person within earshot is far more rude than reclining your seat on an airplane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel