Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 03:58 AM

54 posts, read 116,722 times

Advertisements

So which?
Germany and Alp countries don't count
So these are the countries that i mean(except e.Germany of course and instead of yu,just say Serbia,Croatia,Slovenia,etc.)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...rsOnly.svg.png

I will start
most:Poland
least:Moldova
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 05:37 AM

166 posts, read 375,652 times
I have traveled throughout that map, and can rate them based on my personal experience.

Best: Poland
Worst: Romania

Old 06-13-2011, 07:03 AM

1,959 posts, read 3,105,396 times
Romania was the most fascinating country but difficult in which to travel as a lone female. I did a horse trek in Transylvania and managed a visit to the "real" dracula's castle. I suspect I'd rate it the least because of the unfriendliness and travel problems.

Czech Republic was wonderful with Prague being a marvelous city. Maybe it is the best country to visit in that region.

Still need to visit Poland and wish to do a horse trek in Bulgaria.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:32 AM

10,647 posts, read 16,055,152 times
1-7 (No order):
Poland
Ukraine
Russia
Czech Republic
Hungary
Croatia
Romania

8-12 (No order):
Lithuania
Slovakia
Slovenia
Serbia
Bulgaria

13-16 (No order):
Belarus
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Latvia
Estonia

Countries i will never visit for sure:
Montenegro
Macedonia
Albania
Moldova

Old 06-13-2011, 12:35 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,820,011 times
I would like to visit the Czech Republic, Croatia and Slovenia.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:07 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,959,670 times
first choice: Russia
last choice: Moldova

Old 06-14-2011, 01:28 PM

1,300 posts, read 3,606,683 times
I see that Croatia is not on the OP's list but since others brought it up I have to say I really want to go there. I have friends who have been there; I've seen their pictures and it's so beautiful!!!

Old 06-15-2011, 05:51 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,308,719 times
I am posting from Croatia.
I liked Romania and Serbia and really have not found any country that I would not return to.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:03 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,543,900 times
I went to the Balkans last year and went to Serbia, Bosnia-Herzogovina, Montenegro, and Croatia in 2 weeks. I liked all of them, although the Croatian coast was the most beautiful and easiest to travel around--and I liked the mix of Italian and Slavic cultures, though I enjoyed my time in each country. Even though Sarajevo is still scarred from the war I still found it a fascinating city--especially with the mix of cultures. Serbia's underrated too, and Montenegro was interesting as well and very scenic.

I think I'd love to go to most of Eastern Europe and some point, although the tops on my list is Poland-due to my ethnic background(100% Polish mother)--and I feel I'd like I'd probably travel to the Czech Republic on that trip as well due to proximity. Other than that--I'd say the Baltics and the capitals are probably high on my list--Riga, Tallin, and Vilnius seem like cool cities. But I'm also fascinated with Bulgaria and Albania for some reason--maybe because I've seen some nice pictures of both I don't know much about them. I've heard a lot of good things about Slovenia, although hopefully it's not too expensive yet.I wouldn't mind checking out Romania, especially the mountains as well.

The countries I've really never thought about going to though are Belarus and Moldava--although the mystery of them and the fact that they seem to be far off the tourist trail could make them interesting as well.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:30 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,543,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
1-7 (No order):
Countries i will never visit for sure:
Montenegro
Macedonia
Albania
Moldova
If you ever visit Croatia, you might end up visiting Montenegro as from Dubrovnik it's only an hour away--at least to visit the fjord-like Bay of Kotor and coastline and beaches in Montenegro. Actually some of the beaches were nicer in Montenegro than Croatia although it's getting pretty touristy in some parts. The mountains just above the coast are worth a visit as well...

But never say never--I wouldn't write off Montenegro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel