Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 01:39 PM

24,549 posts, read 26,107,995 times

Advertisements

Keep the Altima and get the right tires for the area your moving to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 04:30 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,232,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ming Ave View Post
Thanx all
I thought that since FJ is a TOYOTA and made in Japan, it would be more economic
usually Japanese cars do not take that much gas, I mean compared to the American cars especially GMC and Chevy

sorry I have no experience in cars and some terms used like EPA....

I have a Nissan Altima 2009 but since i'm moving 2 Colorado, I thought of buying FJ but was wondering about gas! am I going 2 be broke by the end of the first week each month? I was excited that Toyota made this car, but now I'm not sure!!
Get the Chevrolet, I promise you will not regret it. I'd take the slightly reduced fuel mileage and opt for the 4x4 though. You just never know when you'll need it.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:31 PM

1,777 posts, read 4,870,128 times
you couldnt give me a new FJ, what a hideous abortion of a vehicle

doesn't help your argument that i'm a chevy guy through and through

keep your altima, unless you need a truck or 4wd

then look into a silverado hybrid if you really want some economy in a full size truck

Old 10-29-2009, 04:38 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,247,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post

doesn't help your argument that i'm a chevy guy through and through

keep your altima, unless you need a truck or 4wd

then look into a silverado hybrid if you really want some economy in a full size truck
But buying a Silverado hybrid is a terrible waste of money considering the new price for it.

I really don't get this thread at all.

If the OP wants a "real" SUV for Colorado driving, then he should be looking at the FJ or others like the xTerra, Subarus, etc. If he wants a 4WD truck - the Silverado is certainly a good choice, as are Fords. A less truck like vehicle to look at is the Avalanche.

An alternative might be the Ridgeline - drives like a tall car but has a bed and AWD.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:15 PM

1,777 posts, read 4,870,128 times
you can buy a very nice used sierra or silverado with low miles for good money

you can keep the ridgeline, have you seen the size of the rear axle shafts?

Old 10-29-2009, 07:50 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,047,511 times
Quote:
If someone tries to give you one, send them my way. They are very capable vehicles. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:16 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,491,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ming Ave View Post
Which one consuems more fuel?

I travel every weekend so how much will it cost monthly?

Thanx,
I hear the Yota hogs gas, but the Chevy would too I suppose. The Toy looks better, well to me anyways. The new Chevy trucks look terrible. I'll take a Tacoma or an F150.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:27 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,247,444 times
Quote:
you can buy a very nice used sierra or silverado with low miles for good money

you can keep the ridgeline, have you seen the size of the rear axle shafts?
What is your point? It isn't designed to pull locomotives for TV commercials. it is designed for someone who needs to tow 5000 lbs and is satisifed with a 5 ft bed.

Old 10-30-2009, 02:25 AM

1,792 posts, read 4,670,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
If someone tries to give you one, send them my way. They are very capable vehicles. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
The FJ is very capable off road. I am a Chevy guy through and through (just look at my screen name) except when it comes to trucks or what I look for in a truck. My GMC and any pickup truck for that matter, is good for a work vehicle. When it comes to trail riding or rock crawling, nothing outside of a Jeep comes close to the FJ. The general public buys this vehicle like they do any SUV, but it was made as a pure off road vehicle just like the Jeep. It makes me laugh when people complain about these vehicles road manners. They are not cars they are made to go off road.
Pickup trucks are not always a practical vehicles to use in winter weather. The rear is to light and can kick out from around you even in four wheel drive. Even if you put sand in the rear it's not the same as a SUV and you will lose most of the beds use if you put sand in the bed. I live in Vermont where we get a ton of snow similar to Colorado. You would be better off in your Altima with good snow tires than a pickup.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:55 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,864,983 times
I have a full time four wheel drive FJ and it burns gas just as fast as my dad's Nissan Titan. I like it OK otherwise, but fuel efficiency is not the FJ's best selling point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion