Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 09:39 AM

474 posts, read 906,808 times

Advertisements

It is no surprise that Shelbygirl doesn't like the Prius. She drives a new exotic every six months. She comes to this board most often when she has a new vehicle to brag about.

Why do you say the Prius is a deathtrap? Overall 5 star safety ratings, comparable to other vehicles its size. If you don't like NHTSA ratings then the insurance industry has found that the Prius has better than average claim history in most categories (no worse than average in any). In "personal injury protection" the Prius is the only "small" car with better than average claim history.

HLDI: Insurance losses by make and model

I don't own one, but if I drove a lot, I would consider one. I am no "greenie" but I have no problem with the Prius. If I had one, it wouldn't have a peace sticker on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 10:34 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,469,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazznblues View Post
It is no surprise that Shelbygirl doesn't like the Prius. She drives a new exotic every six months. She comes to this board most often when she has a new vehicle to brag about.
[quote=jazznblues;18461353]

Very unbecoming....You don't like my posts...then block me. It works wonders.

Do a search...I'm here often enough.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:46 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,983,083 times
While i don't want one ;Prius drivers I have spoken to like them.I alos see quite a few o the raod. Of course they are like other hybrids just the first ones and therefore will be limited.Een the diesel truck guy I know are complaining abotu diesel fuel price withtthe other maintenance involved.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:56 AM

3,135 posts, read 11,915,210 times
Death trap is right........0-60 in 10 seconds, that is just dangerous if you are trying to move out of the way of another vehicle coming at you or trying to merge into traffic.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:06 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,368,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee View Post
Death trap is right........0-60 in 10 seconds, that is just dangerous if you are trying to move out of the way of another vehicle coming at you or trying to merge into traffic.
my F250 takes about 17 seconds to hit 60MPH a a old 5.0EFI that stock only made 185HP and 270Ft-lbs of torque running a 6"lift and 35" tires mean you have to keep your foot on the gas to do freeway speeds or it will slow down due to the tall gearing and the aerodynamics of a brickwall that is way it gets a best of 12-13 MPG on the freeway.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:17 AM

3,135 posts, read 11,915,210 times
Wow, I don't think I would have the patience for that! LOL

My old 2002 VW Passat 1.8T had so much turbo lag that I almost got in a few accidents when turning left on a busy street because it would just sit there while I mashed the pedal. A chip took care of most of it, but after that car I'll never have anything with sub 300hp.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:40 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,368,340 times
Quote:
Wow, I don't think I would have the patience for that! LOL

My old 2002 VW Passat 1.8T had so much turbo lag that I almost got in a few accidents when turning left on a busy street because it would just sit there while I mashed the pedal. A chip took care of most of it, but after that car I'll never have anything with sub 300hp.
yeah merging is a well planned and time event event plus with a 40lbs steel off-road bumper welded to the frame for added ground cleance off-road I guess it looks intimidating on road since people seem to move over and let me merge plus the only mods on the motor are shroty BBK headers to a cutom Y-pipe with full 3" mandrel exhaust bent 3" hi-flow cat and 3" flowmaster 40 a older MSD ingnition and blaster coil and a K&N CAI mounted up high. merging it makes alot of healthy V-8 noises, burns alot of gas and goes very slow it is the real life Canyonero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG5FKsH3-F4
Can you name the truck with four wheel drive, Smells like a steak, and seats thirty five? Canyonero! Canyonero! Well, it goes real slow with the hammer down, It's the country-fried truck endorsed by a clown, Canyonero! Canyonero! Twelve yards long, two lanes wide, Sixty five tons of American pride! Canyonero! Canyonero! Top of the line in utility sports, Unexplained fires are a matter for the courts! Canyonero! Canyonero!

She blinds everybody with her super high beams,
She's a squirrel-squasher, deer-smackin' drivin' machine,
Canyonero! Canyonero! Canyonero!
Whoa, Canyonero! Whoooooaaaa!

everything the prius is my truck is the total opposite plus it will blow my doors off on the freeway and get 40MPG to boot

Old 03-27-2011, 02:50 PM

474 posts, read 906,808 times
Quote:
This is simply a ridiculous statement. Some C4 Corvettes were barely faster than this. Many mainstream vehicles on the road today are in the 10 sec range. I bet half of the half ton trucks on the road today are about this quick.

10 secs is hardly quick - but it is adequate.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:50 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,545,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Personally know 2 people in complete different areas of the country who made the huge mistake of buying one. Both hate it and can't get out from under it. Only place they are "popular" if you will...Ca. She asked MY opinion, I gave it.
anecdotal evidence? Really. The car is hugely popular and is reliable and gets the MPG advertised. Its so influential the Honda INsight is a blatant worse copy of it.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:08 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,864,666 times
Yea, as far as poularity goes there on a 3 month waiting list in many parts of the country, gas will be 5$'s a gallon by this summer. The Prius is the new standard like it or not, let thangs get way out of hand and gas hit 10$'s a gallon and this could happen, watch the news and what's going on in the middle east if you don't believe, course they say this quake in japan is really gona hurt prodution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion