Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 02:50 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,420,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I think we are all now paying for the greed and living beyound our means- lifestyle.
Yup. Exactly. People wanted the best of the best and lenders allowed them to "buy" it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 03:51 PM

5,516 posts, read 9,522,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
Let me check the numbers again. As of the posting of this response....

• There are 114 threads with "Toledo" in the title - holding a total of 1010 responses.

• There are 117 threads with "Akron" in the title - holding a total of 817 responses.

It seems to me that threads containing "Toledo" in the title are garnering far more interest and attention than the ones which contain "Akron" in the title. Wouldn't that fact alone be sufficient justification for allowing Toledo to have its own sub-forum? I think so.

If Akron didn't have Canton lumped in with its sub-forum, would there really be any justification for it having its own sub-forum at all? I don't think so.
There may be 114 threads with "Toledo" in the title, and only 117 threads with "Akron" in the title. But, there are currently 221 threads in the Akron Canton forum.

A NW Ohio forum sounds like it could be a good idea, though.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:12 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,155,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
There may be 114 threads with "Toledo" in the title, and only 117 threads with "Akron" in the title. But, there are currently 221 threads in the Akron Canton forum.
But my point is that the threads with titles that do specifically mention "Toledo" are garnering far more attention than the threads which mention "Akron" in the title. If you take away Canton, would Akron really hold more interest in the Ohio forum than Toledo? How many other threads could go in a separate Toledo forum, but which don't specifically mention "Toledo" in the thread title? For example, in the Cincinnati forum, someone could start a thread titled "How safe is the area surrounding the zoo?" The thread title doesn't specifically mention "Cincinnati", and thus if I were to do a count of threads that mention "Cincinnati" in the title, the number would be significantly lower than ALL threads which pertain to something in Cincinnati.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
A NW Ohio forum sounds like it could be a good idea, though.
I agree. Toledo/Northwest Ohio deserves its own sub-forum, by virtue of the fact that it's the largest population center isolated in that particular geographical corner of the state.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:52 PM

313 posts, read 1,197,303 times
Yup, I like the Toledo/NW. Findlay is closest to Toledo and so those posts are most helpful to me. When I see some of the posts in the general forum, I get all excited only to realize that they are talking about things hours away from me.

I've been checking all day to see if we've gotten our own special line. Not yet.

We'll get there!

Old 05-17-2009, 03:45 PM

92 posts, read 328,037 times
I still feel like our region's being slighted a little for not having a board a long time ago. We're like the forgotten corner of Ohio... always in the shadow of the larger metros & last to get any recognition.

Despite not being one of the country's hotspots for culture, jobs, or new residents, people who live here and care about these things are working hard to change the town for the better. There are a lot of positive projects happening right now that will likely shape things for the future, especially the last few years or so with the downtown renaissance.

Old 05-17-2009, 03:46 PM

3,977 posts, read 3,669,128 times
Admin takes care of this and he is away (maybe on vacation) so all we can do is wait.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:02 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,112,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
But my point is that the threads with titles that do specifically mention "Toledo" are garnering far more attention than the threads which mention "Akron" in the title.
Akron has its own forum, so why would people feel the need to put Akron in its title? Not a very accurate way of depicting use.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:09 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,155,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
Akron has its own forum, so why would people feel the need to put Akron in its title? Not a very accurate way of depicting use.
I didn't say it was an accurate way of depicting use. I was simply pointing out an observation.

I still don't understand why people have a cow about this.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:02 AM

313 posts, read 1,197,303 times
"Admin takes care of this and he is away (maybe on vacation) so all we can do is wait. "

I was wondering, so thanks for the update!

Old 05-18-2009, 07:37 AM

3,977 posts, read 3,669,128 times
You're welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo