Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 11:57 PM

896 posts, read 1,854,161 times

Advertisements

Yeah for an average sized, newer home in either city, youre looking at probably 300k. If its brand new and rather large, maybe 400-450k. And since were talking about Perrysburg, there are some extremely nice historic homes in the historic downtown area that typically go f9r anywhere between 200-600k depending on the house. Riverfront homes are obviously at a premium costing from probably 500k to 1.5 mil.

But as I said, a home in one of the newest developments will probably cost 300-400k.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 12:30 AM

896 posts, read 1,854,161 times
And, as a couple others have mentioned, if your priorities are a relatively safe community with good schools....I would include Maumee, Waterville-Whitehouse, Monclova Twp, Ottawa Hills, Oregon, Northwood, and Bedford Twp in Michigan.

Ottawa Hills is still the nicest community in metropolitan Toledo and probably Northwest Ohio. Lots of wealth there. Public schools are outstanding. I would put Ottawa Hills a notch above Sylvania, Perrysburg, & Monclova. A notch below those, I would place Maumee, Oregon, Northwood, Rossford, Bedford Twp. Suburbs that are all still quite safe with perfectly adequate schools, just not as affluent as the others. A notch below them I would put Holland. Adequate schools but the neighborhoods definitely vary. Holland is still safe. Theres just a little more riff-raff in some pockets of that area that the other suburbs avoid.

That leaves us with Toledo. You might not be keen on having your kids in the big city, financial strapped, Toledo district. Washington Local schools are separate from TPS while still being in Toledo city limits. Washington is basically all of north Toledo from Sylvania to Point Place. Whitmer is the HS and is one of the biggest schools in the state. Its not perfect, but it offers a lot. There are nice homes in the Washington District in Toledo in some areas more to the west. Actually, some neighborhoods in west Toledo have Toledo addresses but are in Sylvania school district. That equals lower taxes (Toledo) and greater schools (Sylvania). Some neighorhoods off of Corey Rd, as well as off of Flanders and Talmadge are as such.

Theres lots of other areas within the city of Toledo that are nice and safe too like Old Orchard, River Rd, and the Beverly area. They all have decent elementary schools but they ultimately feed into the broader high schools which may have distractions and issues you want to avoid. If private schools or the catholic schools are an option for you, there are several big ones in Toledo and you could then consider some neighborhoods in the city as well.

Old 08-10-2016, 07:58 PM

6 posts, read 10,692 times
I have lived lived in Temperance/Lambertville for 30 years, with many friends living in all of the areas mentioned. My choice would be Waterville, Maumee, or Perrysburg. Housing costs will be very similar in each of these cities with Perrysburg and Waterville being the current hotspots. All three schools are great. Holland is also another option, but the schools and area are not as good as the other three, nor are the ammenities. You could probably get the best deal in Maumee for a house. I would stay out of any toledo public school areas unless you are planning on going private. Sylvania is also a great area, however the parts where I would want to live would make a long commute to Northwood. I worked in Northwood for 7 years and would not recommend living in Oregon, Milbury, Northwood, or any of the cities over the river. My choice would be Maumee or Waterville personally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo