Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 02:17 PM

227 posts, read 626,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer22 View Post
Yep, Ryan, I've seen a teacher wrestle a kid down to the ground and hold him there for five minutes (a 250 pound teacher vs. a 75 pound 4th grader) for what really was just simple misbehavior (nothing egregious other than just the kind of mouthing-off that any spunky 4th grader (autistic or otherwise) would do).

That being said, it was obvious the kid wasn't hurt and that there was no intention to harm, and the teacher was having a bad day, but I still didn't like it. In a regular classroom that kind of action by the teacher would have been completely disallowed, but in the special needs classroom the teacher had the loophole available that the IEP allowed it.
Instances like that are why it is imperative the there is parental involvement so that the IEP (the gov't mandated plan agreed to by parents, teachers, and administrators concerning what services and interventions the school is expected to provide) doesn't unintentionally give the teacher the authority to cross any lines that the parent would not want. Always go to IEP meetings... I know firsthand how boring they can be, but it is sooo important to go and ask a lot of questions and to push for the best interests of your child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 04:47 PM

1 posts, read 803 times
Default Telepathy and consciousness in autism

To those parents who are parenting these gifted children: if you look at your child. Through their eyes literally, I believe there is a consciousness far beyond ours now. We need to light up! I believe I can speak with a lot of autistic individuals today. Through what I perceive as my personal acention. It is a new gift, with old parts if you will. Anyone know of this or a professional that sees my experience and story. My e-mail is [email]indigogreen77@gmail.com[/email]. What a fabulous gift to give if it's what I feel. My name is Eric . I have seen 2 psychologists, and 1 M.D, I am not crazy, only "depression",which is relevant to whom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo