Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 02:13 PM

88 posts, read 384,001 times

Advertisements

I think Texas is the friendliest state I've ever visited (having the friendliest people I've ever met.) Other states are friendly too, but in Texas I didn't feel like a guest; I felt like one of the family.

I know warmth and congeniality are dependent on individuals. I don't know what it is, but Texas is an appropriate name for a friendly state (remember, Tejas is short for "friend.") I've had good experiences with other states: Oklahoma, Wyoming, and parts of Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee.

Anyhow, input welcome. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2007, 02:18 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,237,528 times
I don't think there is any general difference between the friendliness of the inhabitants of one state as opposed to another. There are friendly and unfriendly people everywhere. The least friendly place is in traffic, regardless of the "Drive Friendly" slogan!

Old 06-02-2007, 02:34 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,309,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovintexas View Post
I think Texas is the friendliest state I've ever visited (having the friendliest people I've ever met.) Other states are friendly too, but in Texas I didn't feel like a guest; I felt like one of the family.

I know warmth and congeniality are dependent on individuals. I don't know what it is, but Texas is an appropriate name for a friendly state (remember, Tejas is short for "friend.") I've had good experiences with other states: Oklahoma, Wyoming, and parts of Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee.

Anyhow, input welcome. Thanks!

I think your right, I grew up part of my life there and they are not just friendly, they do make you feel like a member of the family...

There are other states that are friendly but there is something diffierent about the Texas kind of friendly.

Old 06-02-2007, 10:46 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,690,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
...The least friendly place is in traffic, regardless of the "Drive Friendly" slogan!
Agree. It is hard to "feel the love" when driving in big city traffic.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:07 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,663,757 times
It should be stipulated, "friendly" to strangers. People are usually friendly anwhere to people they already know. In my experience, Texas is friendliest to strangers and people they do not know.

Old 06-18-2007, 01:45 PM

42 posts, read 210,940 times
I agree "friendly to strangers" for sure. I have lived in Wisconsin, (first 37 years), Nevada, Calif.(22 years) Maryland ,and now Texas. By far the most friendly are in Texas! I am in Lubbock.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:21 PM

458 posts, read 2,778,794 times
Texas did have some kind of weird feeling to it that seemed like total strangers treated you as though you were a member of their family or something. It's one of those things that is just too hard to explain.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:28 PM

284 posts, read 1,683,333 times
There is only one answer: Texas is the benchmark for friendliness (among other things) that other states can only aspire to!

Old 06-20-2007, 08:13 AM

7,399 posts, read 19,373,636 times
When I first moved to Texas, I lived in San Antonio. I drove around the city to check it out and of course ended up lost a lot of the time.
When I stopped and asked for directions, the people were helpful and friendly. I was really impressed.I know some will disagree on this but the drivers all seemed to drive pretty well. Houston has some of the most unfriendly drivers I have experienced.
I found Texans to be proud to be one and very loyal to the state of Texas.
I also agree with Catman that there are friendly and unfriendly people everywhere.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:18 AM

7,399 posts, read 19,373,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
I think your right, I grew up part of my life there and they are not just friendly, they do make you feel like a member of the family...

There are other states that are friendly but there is something diffierent about the Texas kind of friendly.
Noticed your title and just wanted to say have a happy summer solstice tomorrow. Drum, dance and celebrate.
Cheryl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas