Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2009, 08:32 AM

41 posts, read 121,963 times

Advertisements

My husband just recently got a job in Victoria, TX. He has 6 months to move within a 30-minute commute of the city. He will commute from our current home until our son finishes school & Spring baseball. I have always lived in the Central Texas region & have been at my current job in Austin for over 5 years now. I LOVE the people that I work with like my own family (who also lives close to me currently) & we are leaving it all for this job. I am O.K. with the move, but also very scared/nervous about it at the same time. I will have to find a job, we will have to find a pre-school & after-school care, we have to find a house to rent, AND we have to sell our current home. I've never had to sell a home before & dread that whole process. There also doesn't seem to be very many decent rental properties in the Victoria area. (Although we don't have to move for 6 months, I've kind-of been scoping out the rental properties.)

Coming from the Austin area, I'm NOT in love with the City of Victoria. The Austin area is AWESOME! And I'm going to GREATLY miss it & all of my friends. I know I will make new friends...blah, blah, blah. I am just so comfortable where I'm at & what I'm doing. We have a HUGE support system in both of our sets of parents & will be losing that.

Anyway....does anyone have any input on daycares/pre-schools/after-school programs in Victoria? Also, does anyone know of any decent rental properties on the North side of town w/ at least 3 bedrooms? We've been told that the good elementary schools are DeLeon, Chandler, & Vickers, so I'd like to be in those areas. All of you people that had posted a year or so ago that you were planning on moving to Victoria, please comment on your experiences so far. Also, what about churches? We are Lutheran. Which Lutheran churches are good & why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas