Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 11:24 PM

25 posts, read 83,730 times

Advertisements

Yoshi was buffet style, and to be fair, I only ate there once. I really think the price point will depend greatly on your product and how it is received. 15-20 a head around here can feel pricey, but again, it just depends on what you get for that money. It's so hard to say if your prices will work or not without knowing a lot more and tasting your food. They don't seem overly excessive at first glance. You are saying upscale, I've been to upscale at much higher prices than that. Mostly not in this town though. Glad it's not buffet style. I look forward to trying your place out if you decide to go forward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 01:11 AM

7 posts, read 14,118 times
We have signed the lease. Also, floor plan got examed and passed. We are planning the grand opening date by the 4th week in the month of March. Now, we are looking for local electrians and plumbers, please help us if you know any of them. I will come back with updates during the construction period. Thank you everyone! Free meal for 2 as reward of your kindness(ask for Sean)! Thank you once again!

Old 11-28-2009, 08:11 AM

1,488 posts, read 5,242,976 times
I would think $15-20 for dinner is just too high if you're going to depend heavily on the college crowd for the base of your business.

Old 11-28-2009, 12:17 PM

25 posts, read 83,730 times
I wish you the absolute best of luck, and look forward to visiting your place when you open.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:47 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,636,848 times
Please Please Please.....NO MORE CHINESE places......It seems there are more Chinese places than Chinese people in Waco. The same goes for Mexican restaurants. If you want success here, try opening a decent seafood, steak or other ethnic place.

If you do open an Asian/Chinese place, my advice to you would also offer delivery. There is only ONE place in Waco that delivers Chinese. Chinese Kitchen. And the food there can be hit or miss.

Best of luck to you!

Old 11-30-2009, 10:37 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,253,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Please Please Please.....NO MORE CHINESE places......It seems there are more Chinese places than Chinese people in Waco. The same goes for Mexican restaurants. If you want success here, try opening a decent seafood, steak or other ethnic place.

If you do open an Asian/Chinese place, my advice to you would also offer delivery. There is only ONE place in Waco that delivers Chinese. Chinese Kitchen. And the food there can be hit or miss.

Best of luck to you!
I love Chinese Kitchen! I like the fact it has buffet and delivery; however, I agree sometimes it be a hit or miss. I usually eat Happy Wok. Happy Wok is walking distance from my house; the food is great!

Old 11-30-2009, 01:06 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,636,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I love Chinese Kitchen! I like the fact it has buffet and delivery; however, I agree sometimes it be a hit or miss. I usually eat Happy Wok. Happy Wok is walking distance from my house; the food is great!

I wish Happy Wok would deliver.....they would definitely give Chinese Kitchen a run for their money.
Egg Roll House in Bellmead is also pretty good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: