Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 08:30 AM

3 posts, read 12,234 times

Advertisements

Don't forget about the proposed highway 190 bypass route around Copperas Cove. See it at www.copperascove.org/pages/city_planner/190-Improvements.wmf (broken link) . Although this will aid in the congestion that was never intended for this small town, there are both strong positive and strong negative perspectives to the issue. I love where I live and own the Doggie Day Spa in the heart of "downtown" which is fighting now for a revitalization to increase pedestrian traffic. I was born and raised in San Antonio, but it's not now what it was then. I can go around the corner of my neighborhood and visit the cows if I wanted to... Texas Mutt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 08:17 AM

1 posts, read 4,076 times
Does anyone know where I could get information on a listing of medical facilities in Bastrop or Rockdale Texas?

Old 05-23-2008, 08:28 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,401,537 times
please check your direct message inbox. i have some questions for you re Doggie Day Spa in Cove.......thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty3tbird View Post
Don't forget about the proposed highway 190 bypass route around Copperas Cove. See it at www.copperascove.org/pages/city_planner/190-Improvements.wmf (broken link) . Although this will aid in the congestion that was never intended for this small town, there are both strong positive and strong negative perspectives to the issue. I love where I live and own the Doggie Day Spa in the heart of "downtown" which is fighting now for a revitalization to increase pedestrian traffic. I was born and raised in San Antonio, but it's not now what it was then. I can go around the corner of my neighborhood and visit the cows if I wanted to... Texas Mutt

Old 05-23-2008, 10:00 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,738,855 times
I'm not aware of any hospitals in Bastrop. I'm sure there are doctors offices and such though. You are pretty close to Austin and there are good hospitals downtown. Round Rock has 2 brand new hospitals. Taylor has one hospital, but it's smaller and not on par with the ones in Austin or Round Rock, but it does offer varied services. I think Rockdale may have a small hospital, but not sure. They may use the one in Taylor.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:21 AM

20 posts, read 112,757 times
I really like Bastrop and Caldwell. Bastrop has beautiful pine trees and Lake of the Lost Pines. My college roomate grew up there and it is a pretty place with plenty of small towns in the outlying areas that are very rural. Bastrop is close to Austin, so you aren't too far from things to do or shopping if you need to go into downtown.

Caldwell is also a fun community, I was there this past weekend visiting friends. They have good schools and a kolache fest that is supposed to be wonderful, its a Czech community. I have heard Caldwell can be a little click-ish but my friends who moved there 2 years ago really like it. Its about 30 minutes to Bryan-College Station (Texas A&M) so there are still plenty of things to do there if you need some excitement. I also beleive they have a good high school football program, which is also very important in Texas!

Old 05-29-2008, 04:41 PM

52,741 posts, read 48,088,482 times
Default Counties (Well, Sort Of) And Barbecue

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnival96 View Post
Caldwell county seems to be a fairly nice small town but it is not nearly as scenic...
Huh?? I think you might be talking about the town of Lockhart. Caldwell County is a county.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnival96 View Post

The barbeque there is probably the best you'll find anywhere, though.

Yes, indeedy!! Lockhart is definitely the place to experience a simpler time and to enjoy the finest meats Central Texas has to offer. It's what I call "The Barbecue Vatican".

Old 05-29-2008, 06:29 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,664,437 times
Since you mentioned Milam County, I'll throw out Cameron Texas.
Nice rural community, good schools, lots of farmland.
About 1 hour from Austin on big roads (77 and 79).

Looking for a place or some land myself and there's lots of 15-30+ acre sites both with and without homes.

Cameron Chamber of Commerce - Cameron Tourism Advisory Board
The Cameron Herald -- Serving Milam County since 1860
Cameron ISD - TX - Cameron ISD (http://www.cameronisd.net/education/district/district.php?sectionid=1 - broken link)

Old 05-30-2008, 07:12 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,500,916 times
If you really want great BBQ (I happen to think Lockhart is overrated, myself), head a bit further south to City Market in Luling.

You'll also want to look at whatever the current plans are for the TransTexas Corridor, if you're looking east of IH35.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:13 AM

2,285 posts, read 4,083,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
I'm not aware of any hospitals in Bastrop. I'm sure there are doctors offices and such though. You are pretty close to Austin and there are good hospitals downtown. Round Rock has 2 brand new hospitals. Taylor has one hospital, but it's smaller and not on par with the ones in Austin or Round Rock, but it does offer varied services. I think Rockdale may have a small hospital, but not sure. They may use the one in Taylor.
Lakeside Hospital is in Bastrop.

Old 12-25-2010, 06:36 PM

42 posts, read 83,961 times
Umm Watchful,

If I am not mistaken, Rockdale Hospital is nothing more than a band aid station. The Hospital has been sold and resold. Now that Alcoa has shut down their operations, the Hospital district is endanger of losing their operation. This is due to the fact the town is over taxed, has upper class running the town, not to mention that its called meth capital of milam county. I would steer myself from that area. Just steer clear of the Rockdale area unless you want nosy neighbors to stick their noses where it doesn;t belong. Look at Thorndale area, the farmers are friendly and well respected. This is my 2 cents though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas