Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 10:45 PM

11 posts, read 50,454 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
I have been a long-time reader of this forum, but this is my first registered post.
Do any of you in the Hereford area know of an accident involving an out-of-town man being hit by a semi on Hwy 60 in Hereford on the evening of Aug. 5th?
Surely an accident in which a man was killed would make the local news. I have not been able to find anything by an internet search.
The man killed was my dad.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 12:41 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,278,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asker of questions View Post
Hello all,
I have been a long-time reader of this forum, but this is my first registered post.
Do any of you in the Hereford area know of an accident involving an out-of-town man being hit by a semi on Hwy 60 in Hereford on the evening of Aug. 5th?
Surely an accident in which a man was killed would make the local news. I have not been able to find anything by an internet search.
The man killed was my dad.
Thanks.
Oh my, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I don't live in the Panhandle, but maybe someone who does will post and let you know that it was on the news. I would think it would be as well.

My thoughts are with you and your family as you face the difficult days ahead and may you find comfort in knowing others care.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:13 AM

1,488 posts, read 5,238,673 times
I am so very sorry and certainly understand your wanting to see an account of the accident.

The paper in Hereford is called The Hereford Brand but , as far as I know, is not on line. (Pho: 806 364 2030)

Most Hereford news is in the Amarillo Globe and in the Lubbock Avalanche Journal .I was unable to find an account of such an accident in either of them, however, altho the Lubbock paper did have an account of another fatal accident that happened in Hereford the next day. I did see that funeral services were scheduled in Amarillo for two men who died on August 5 but no indication of cause of death...their names were Tucker and Washington.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:27 AM

Default Thanks

Thanks to both of you for responding. My sister is in contact with the police down there; my dad's body is being sent back to Wisconsin for burial. I did an online search, and couldn't find anything. I was just curious to see if there were any local news reports about it.
Such a tragic way to go, and so far from home, too. Not the way you expect a 77-yr.-old man to die.
Hey, everybody: Be thankful for the day you have been given, and be sure to tell your family and friends, "I love you." You never know which day will be your last!

Old 08-07-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asker of questions View Post
Thanks to both of you for responding. My sister is in contact with the police down there; my dad's body is being sent back to Wisconsin for burial. I did an online search, and couldn't find anything. I was just curious to see if there were any local news reports about it.
Such a tragic way to go, and so far from home, too. Not the way you expect a 77-yr.-old man to die.
Hey, everybody: Be thankful for the day you have been given, and be sure to tell your family and friends, "I love you." You never know which day will be your last!
No truer words were ever spoken. Life is very short and how it ends, we just never know. My sincere sympathies to all of you.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:39 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,774,143 times
You will find a news account of this accident on Home Page (myhighplains.com). It is on the front page under latest headlines. My condolances to you and your family.

Old 08-08-2008, 11:34 AM

Thanks, lonestar, for pointing me in the right direction.
It wasn't much, but yes, those were the facts, alright. One thing I didn't know was that he was pronounced DOA at the hospital. I'm glad to know that he didn't suffer long.
Thank you all so much for your kind words.
(I posted a reply last night, but it didn't show up this morning. I apologize to all if there ends up being two!)
Rest in peace, Dad.
Attached Thumbnails
accident in Hereford??-harold.jpg  

Old 08-08-2008, 11:43 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
I'm sorry for your loss. He looks (in his picture) like he was a happy man.

Old 08-08-2008, 11:52 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,697,972 times
I'm so sorry!! I agree with Sapphire, he looks like he's quite a character Sort of reminds me of my grandpa

Old 08-08-2008, 12:25 PM

Ahh, he looks so sweet. God bless you all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas