Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2014, 04:40 PM

13 posts, read 14,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Yep, going next door to the DT one.

From Urbanizzer
I hope that doesn't get build and I wish the astrodome will demolish to make room for parking lots

Old 09-14-2014, 07:11 PM

6,709 posts, read 9,964,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Tallest in the South by floor count.

Chase Tower Houston - 75 floors

Bank of America Atlanta - 55 floors

If you put the two side by side Houston's is more massive. Atlanta's is only tall because of that silly spire. There is no girth in that building what so ever. A better comparison would be Williams Tower (Houston's 3rd tallest) IMO.
Here's a diagram of both buildings.

Diagrams - SkyscraperPage.com

I'd take Atlanta's BOA Plaza over Houston's Chase Tower.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:19 PM

6,292 posts, read 7,512,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Here's a diagram of both buildings.

Diagrams - SkyscraperPage.com

I'd take Atlanta's BOA Plaza over Houston's Chase Tower.
You know when you put them side by side I actually prefer Chase Tower, BOA looks a little to "Adult toyish" if that's a word, but I think people will know what I mean

Old 09-14-2014, 07:23 PM

90 posts, read 109,303 times
I like both.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
You know when you put them side by side I actually prefer Chase Tower, BOA looks a little to "Adult toyish" if that's a word, but I think people will know what I mean
LOLS

But on a serious note....

Architecturally, BOA looks more pleasing to the eye. Chase Tower looks like a grey box with one side cut off.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:55 PM

13 posts, read 14,648 times
Quote:
LOLS

Architecturally, BOA looks more pleasing to the eye. Chase Tower looks like a grey box with one side cut off.
IKR? Chase tower is the most unrecognizable super tall in AMERICA because downtown has no "eye-catching" structures.

When my niece asked to draw what they did for vacation, she drew downtown Houston. And it ended up with a bunch of squares

Old 09-14-2014, 08:18 PM

Quote:
LOLS

I still like Chase Tower better from that angle, but the problem with Chase Tower is that few see it from that elevation, the back side is a grey box and that's the side most people see in the skyline. Chase Tower BTW was designed by I.M. Pei & Partners, I believe you have heard of them. The lines and offsets of The BOA building to me look very much like those of the Williams Tower in Houston, until you get to that cone on the top, and that building was built 10 years after Williams Tower. It's like they copied the Williams Tower and just used different colors on the exterior and put a different top on so they wouldn't look exactly alike....

Old 09-14-2014, 08:36 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,276,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WagaDog View Post
DFW added more freeways than Houston. They also added bridges, making highway renovations, and updating lanes. Dallas will also extend DNT.
Hardly an advantage for urban development

Quote:
Originally Posted by WagaDog View Post
I hope that doesn't get build and I wish the astrodome will demolish to make room for parking lots
hater

Old 09-14-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
I still like Chase Tower better from that angle, but the problem with Chase Tower is that few see it from that elevation, the back side is a grey box and that's the side most people see in the skyline. Chase Tower BTW was designed by I.M. Pei & Partners, I believe you have heard of them. The lines and offsets of The BOA building to me look very much like those of the Williams Tower in Houston, until you get to that cone on the top, and that building was built 10 years after Williams Tower. It's like they copied the Williams Tower and just used different colors on the exterior and put a different top on so they wouldn't look exactly alike....
Yes, I know who I.M. Pei is....

He dropped the ball when he designed the Chase Tower and the Dallas City Hall.

BOA Plaza Atlanta was designed in a Art Deco style like the Chrysler Building and the Empire State Building.

Old 09-14-2014, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Yes, I know who I.M. Pei is....

He dropped the ball when he designed the Chase Tower and the Dallas City Hall.

BOA Plaza Atlanta was designed in a Art Deco style like the Chrysler Building and the Empire State Building.
Oh come on your not trying to put BOA Plaza into a category with the Empire State and Chrysler buildings are you?

You can call it any style you like but it is cookie cutter with a cone on top
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas