Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 12:31 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,356,977 times

Advertisements

Congrats, dallasboi. You proved to everyone here that you can be just as immature and petty as jd433. You sure showed us.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:26 AM

875 posts, read 1,663,219 times
Alot of those things can be said about Houston as well. As much as I like H-Town the city does have plenty of flaws. DFW is far from perfect either. But Jd433, Both of the cities are similar.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:14 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,775,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llmrkc07 View Post
Alot of those things can be said about Houston as well. As much as I like H-Town the city does have plenty of flaws. DFW is far from perfect either. But Jd433, Both of the cities are similar.
Indeed.

90% of the ammenities are the same in both cities. Its that other 10% that people on CD harp about all day long. Its a real hair splitter.

I love Houston just as much as I love Dallas and the DFW area. I would be just as happy living there, but who likes to see a trollish 20 point post bashing the city or area that they live in and love (of which 95% is totally a subjective opinion)? The only thing I agree on is that the topography of Dallas isnt exactly inspiring and that Houston has better cultural ammenities. But Dallas and DFW make up for it in plenty of other ways.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:35 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,990,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
I love Houston just as much as I love Dallas and the DFW area.
LIES

You got all the angels crying with that one

Everyone on CD and their mama knows that for you it is

1. LA 100%
2. California 80%
3. DFW 60%
4. Few other Places 50%
then after that you favor Houston

Old 02-16-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
LIES

You got all the angels crying with that one

Everyone on CD and their mama knows that for you it is

1. LA 100%
2. California 80%
3. DFW 60%
4. Few other Places 50%
then after that you favor Houston
Haha, you got me!

You are right about one thing, LA is number one for me. However, I am actually very fond of the Houston area. I am partial to DFW, but I do like Houston very much. My dad lives in Sugar Land and I go down there all the time to visit him when I have work there.

Ive said it before and I will say it again, if I couldnt live in DFW but wanted to stay in Texas, I would go to Houston. If I couldnt live in DFW or Houston, I would leave Texas.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:53 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,464,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Congrats, dallasboi. You proved to everyone here that you can be just as immature and petty as jd433. You sure showed us.
SMACKDOWN remember??.......

Old 02-16-2012, 11:26 AM

12,498 posts, read 27,019,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
Haha, you got me!

You are right about one thing, LA is number one for me. However, I am actually very fond of the Houston area. I am partial to DFW, but I do like Houston very much. My dad lives in Sugar Land and I go down there all the time to visit him when I have work there.

Ive said it before and I will say it again, if I couldnt live in DFW but wanted to stay in Texas, I would go to Houston. If I couldnt live in DFW or Houston, I would leave Texas.
Why not Austin?

It is Texas' most "Californianized" city & comparisons are always being made to San Francisco & Sacramento (more like Austin than the prior).

Houston & Dallas always get compared to LA because, well, they are very similar with Houston looking more like LA & Dallas acting more like LA. The diversity & culture of Houston is also more like LA. Dallas' diversity is watered down IMO because its all in the suburbs not the central city like Houston & LA.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
SMACKDOWN remember??.......
Yes, but your smacking should atleast have some merit to it.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:31 PM

Houston looks nothing like Los Angeles.

South Louisiana, Florida, etc.-Yes.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Why not Austin?

It is Texas' most "Californianized" city & comparisons are always being made to San Francisco & Sacramento (more like Austin than the prior).

Houston & Dallas always get compared to LA because, well, they are very similar with Houston looking more like LA & Dallas acting more like LA. The diversity & culture of Houston is also more like LA. Dallas' diversity is watered down IMO because its all in the suburbs not the central city like Houston & LA.
As to your first question, there is no market for what I do in Austin. I would have to live in DFW or Houston just to have a job. The international travel market and the need for an airline consultant is a fraction down there what it is up here and in Houston.

As to the other paragraph, actually the burbs of LA are way more diverse than LA itself. Most of LA's ethnic diversity is in the suburbs. Of course there are white bread burbs too, but look most of the non-Hispanic enclaves are in the burbs. Ill break it down:

Armenian: Glendale and Hollywood
Indian: Cerritos
China: While there is a "Chinatown" in LA, its a joke. The real Chinese community is in the San Gabriel Valley.
Filipino: Carson, Long Beach, Glendale, Eagle Rock (a suburban area of North LA), and West Covina.
Vietnamese: Garden Grove and Westminster
Cambodian: Long Beach
Thai: The East side of Hollywood
Persian: Beverly Hills and the very suburban neighborhoods in West Los Angeles
Russians: West Hollywood and the San Fernando Valley

Koreatown is really the only huge ethnic enclave that is still in the city, but even then most Koreans dont really live there. They prefer the Gateway cities south of LA. There is also an Israeli enclave on Fairfax in West LA, but its also a primarily suburban area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas