Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2012, 08:36 PM

6,730 posts, read 9,992,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I've notice that the DFWers seem to be getting more and more like the Atlantans, with each passing day.
You can't assume that everyone in DFW acts like that. These a every small percentage of the people that actually live in DFW.

Last edited by Dallaz; 02-21-2012 at 08:55 PM..

Old 02-21-2012, 08:40 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,370,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
You can't assume that everyone in DFW acts like them. These a every small percentage of the people that actually live in DFW.
I'm talking about the posters, obviously.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:53 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,474,780 times
Quote:
Can you kinda explain what you mean about that....what are we starting to do?

Old 02-21-2012, 08:58 PM

18,495 posts, read 33,016,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
The Dallas Zoo is the best and biggest in the state NOW.
Quote:
The fact is Dallas is the largest in the state...now it being the best is my opinion...but EVERYBODY used to think Ft.Worths Zoo was better than Dallas'(including me) But now thats definately not the case.
Quote:
For the record ...I was talking about the biggest out of the BIG cities in tx....I think you knew that and couldnt argue so you went on a different tangent with this....nobody has heard of the place you mentioned....
My how your words change
ohhhh it is no longer you claiming it is the biggest in the STATE to biggest in a few cities??? lol.

and like I explained earlier, it is about 4th biggest. Houston, FW and SA all have more species and Animals. Dallas zoo has a nice large parking lot though

Old 02-21-2012, 09:00 PM

6,730 posts, read 9,992,119 times
Quote:
Oh, okay.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:05 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,952,066 times
Quote:
I've notice that the DFWers seem to be getting more and more like the Atlantans, with each passing day.
... what's THAT supposed to mean?

Old 02-21-2012, 09:36 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,370,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
... what's THAT supposed to mean?
Not all of you, of course, just a few.

It's clear that being compared to an Atlantan is fightin' words.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:42 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,952,066 times
Quote:

No, I mean really... what does that mean? I don't know how Atlanta posters are (don't really pay much attention to them).

Old 02-21-2012, 11:26 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,474,780 times
Quote:

I was serious too when I asked you to explain...I'm just curious.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:24 AM

44 posts, read 80,740 times
Well let me start off by saying that Dallaz is not the only one going to school HTOWNLOVE lol. Im from Dallas well the Metroplex, I lived all over DFW from Oakcliff, Southlake, Keller, Arlington, Plano, Allen, Rowlett, Sachse, Pleasant Grove, Cedar Hill and might I add is really developing in the Black community. I live in Houston now the Memorial City section and I must say I like it and I have no problem just a few opinions. Asian population I like how Houston is more centralized and that it has it's own town with the Asian population, for DFW it's spread out more so in Carrollton, Plano, Irving, just all over. I do miss the restaurants in dallas as well and they have good restaurants in Houston I just miss In and Out Burger and Rudy's Chicken, and Gloria's etc. I did try La finca mexican grill out here and I must say it's no Gloria's but it's great. Houstonians crave Shipley's donuts more than anything lol and there is now Krispy Kream first thing on my mind was WHATTTT??? lol I know I'm a fatty huh OK. I also came to find out that TxDot is favorable to Houston because the roads out here are wider and newer and it just seems like DFW has to fight to get something down, and then just go to the private sector because it takes to long to get a response, I found that interesting. HISD has a better school system that DISD don't get me wrong DISD is trying but H Town got us on that, way more exemplary schools. Although I do wish Houston had more entertainment, like a Splash Town, Six Flags, Hurricane Harbor,Ripley's believe it or not, Speed Zone, or Zero Gravity that would be cool. Good thing is that San Antonio isn't that far. Another thing is that the Black people out here look at you with a funny look like they are better, and don't even mention you from Dallas, boy they will have a fit. Houston has more people that go to events like the museums and Zoo and it's in a nice area. I think that were Dallas lacks is the Location because it is in Oakcliff and instead of going there to look for themselves to see if it's a bad area they go based on other's opinions so people don't go as much. Oh yeah and that dang gorilla escape that put Dallas Zoo on Hold for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas