Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 08:25 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,383,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
No YOU have to be logged in to see it.
Well that's not going to happen. Don't care that much.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:42 AM

725 posts, read 1,244,274 times
Quote:
I was talking about the architecture.
Dallas architecture and Houston architecture are not different enough to actually argue about this. Both cities have a few architecturally notable buildings and a lot of non-architecturally notable buildings. Houston has more of both. People from outside of Texas by and large can't tell the difference.

Nothing to see here.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:17 AM

328 posts, read 473,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
doubt what about Houston?
and why should Houston have more than 10 5-stack interchanges when no other city in the WORLD has 10 5-stacks?
youre delusional dallasboi.. how many times do i have to point out this is a VS thread. sheesh, im being ridiculed for responding in a manner in which the OP intended..?
The OP is probably deceased--no activity for over seven years.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:19 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,483,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majicdonjuan View Post
Dallas architecture and Houston architecture are not different enough to actually argue about this. Both cities have a few architecturally notable buildings and a lot of non-architecturally notable buildings. Houston has more of both. People from outside of Texas by and large can't tell the difference.

Nothing to see here.
I was talking about the architecture of that development. its better than anything ive seen in Dallas and Houston....so my point is....development designs like this widens the architectuarl gap between the two.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:20 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,483,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post

Old 04-11-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:

Nothing to see here.
Agree completely. Some people prefer Houston while others prefer Dallas. There will most likely never be a dramatic difference between the two, if they continue to develop at similar rates.

I feel that Dallas has an edge now, but that may not always be true.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:04 AM

328 posts, read 473,038 times
Quote:
Lol...No thats not my voice...Im Black....I found this video...The music is what they played during the presentation of the new lighting. The building is neon green every night unless theres something special going on or a holiday.
The building was outlined in pink in March when the band Pink Martini came to town. The concert was at the Annette Strauss Artist Square.

from Nicholas McWhirter's flickr page
https://www.flickr.com/photos/redblank/5103098658

Old 04-11-2014, 10:50 AM

6,757 posts, read 10,013,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I'm sure some form of this is gonna happen. This is prime property that many development companies wanted and it's the only devlopable site across from Klyde Warren Park.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:59 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,579,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy1953 View Post
I am as big a Dallas fan as anyone but you are getting as little carried away Dallasboi. We aren't killing Houston in any way except downtown housing perhaps.
seriously.. oh, and larger convention center, and busier airport.

Quote:
I was talking about the architecture.
dude, your delusional.. everyone has opinions but that doesnt make them right.

Quote:

Nothing to see here.
Houston has 200 more highrises than Dallas.. of course we have more "boring architecture" dallasboi. but like majic said, Houston also has more "interesting architecture" than Dallas. its just not all confined to downtown/uptown like Dallas' is.

Quote:
I was talking about the architecture of that development. its better than anything ive seen in Dallas and Houston....so my point is....development designs like this widens the architectuarl gap between the two.
lol.. we still cant see pictures of that development because you continue linking them from a site where you have to be a registered member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
I'm sure some form of this is gonna happen. This is prime property that many development companies wanted and it's the only devlopable site across from Klyde Warren Park.
for sure. he was saying "not gonna happen" as in him signing up for DFWMetropolis or w/e website dallasboi was linking. this is that site that Ross Perot Jr is supposed to build that 1.5+ million sq foot supertall?

Old 04-11-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Whoosh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas